TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so not sure what's going on but now it's too dark to take the new oil filter off (820s). At first, I put in the new oil after I believed the filter was tight enough. I start it up, and all I hear is oil spilling out and oil needle not getting pressure.

I needed to buy more oil. I tightened the filter some more but still , oil leaks out like a water faucet. I would think that even if the filter wasn't tight enough, the oil would just leak a little, not pour out.

Did I mislook something?? I sure didn't feel like anything was wrong when putting the new filter on. I hope I was not cross-threading this thing! I'm not able to get my hand in there to really feel how tight/loose it was.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Sometimes the old filter gasket gets stuck on the pad. Happened to me once or twice, but I caught it before I put the new filter on.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that didn't occur to me to check the old filter. It's in the dumpster now though :( I will def. keep that in mind

·
Registered
348 Posts
Sounds like your missing the gasket entirely...

·
Registered
554 Posts
I would put money on the fact that the old gasket is still on there along with the new one.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm probably just missing a gasket in my head, but we'll find out tomrrow...lol

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
confirmed. Old gasket was in there...stupid me!!!:tongue: So anyone need me to change their oil?:D

Thanks to all for shining a light to me..:cool: I always turn easy jobs into monster jobs.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
you know, that's why where i work (JiffyLube) we make sure the gasket is on the old filter when we change it. people don't give us at JL enough credit sometimes. :( I feel bad now that I work there for how evil I thought JL was... it's EZ Lube that's the bad guys.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hehe, about 8 years ago, I worked at JL for 2 weeks and quit the place. The worst people I've ever have to work with, even the boss. People would not even change the oil sometimes if it looked OK and not even bother with changing a fuel filter. The punks working there were basically scooped up from the street w/o any qual's.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
jiffy lube is one of the most corrupt corporations in america. ive worked for them a year and yeah they suck. they treat you like crap, pay you with beans, threaten you and make youd take on more tasks than you can focus on. We would have meeting where my boss would sit there and threaten us physicaly because he was in a bad mood. and oh the drama lol

·
Registered
151 Posts
Jiffy Lube is franchised. So quality of service and management can wildly differ depending on owner.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the one thing I can remember about working there was scalding hot oil oozing down my arm as I drained it in the pit area under the cars.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Jiffy Lube is franchised. So quality of service and management can wildly differ depending on owner.
yeah well washington is heartland and there greedy and dont give a **** about the customers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts