TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
every morning i go out to my car i have either noleak, a small leak or a huge leak. the huge leak starts after i start my car like its pissing from somewhere. i did a test where i looked under my car no leak, started my car and it showed up. I hoisted it up this morning and the leak is running down the drivers side of the k-member.

its confusing me because the whole bottom of the oil pan is filmed and i cant track it. it seems to get worse when it gets colder out. i think today when i started my car i lost 1/8th quart of oil which is gettin a bit extreme for my liking. i also noticed i have low oil pressure (below N).

I checked my oil and its at a normal level.

Anyone have a problem like this before? Any comments welcome. Thanks.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have done that and put die in it and i still can't track it. i suspect oil pan but its only around the drivers side and i checked all of the bolts on the pan. they were all snug, plus what causes the oil to pee when I first start the vehicle?

·
Registered
5,408 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
probably double gasketed to be "peeing" like that. just pull your filter off and check for an extra gasket then top it off with some more oil. Or since your down there might as well change it....

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
if that not it, might be the oil pressure sending unit (loose) or last idiot didn't put the filter on right

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
if i change the adapter gasket will i have to drain the coolant also?
If you change the gasket make sure the coolant opening is the same size as your old one. I got a gasket when I did the engine build and since the bolts lined up
I figured it was the right one. Wrong. When we put the coolant in it ran out the top of the gasket. i took the old one off the old engine and discivered that the opening on the new one was larger.

We changed it by removing the wheel and accessing the bolts with long extensions but it was not too bad to change.

Tony

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
+8 on the filter adapter area..either the adapter gasket or you double gasket the oil filter. If its only leaking when its running and low presure that mean your losing oil from the filter adapter somewhere.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts