TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i was wondering how to reset the light that tells you to change the oil "now" ? or if it's supposed to reset on its own after you change the oil. I just changed my oil and it still has the "now" light on so i assume i need to reset it. Thanks

·
Registered
958 Posts
is this on the 89 bird or a different car because i've never seen any t-birds w/ an oil change due light........ i can tell you if its a chevy you turn the key to the accessory on posistion and press the gas pedal fully down and back up 3 times if its a cadillac its through the stereo, if its a lincoln its ................hell i don't remember, i wanna say stereo as well...... its been a while since i worked at the lube shop so i haven't had to reset any lately..... let me know what kind of car it is or if any info here helped.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this is on my 89. I have a light that says my oil is "good" needs to be changed "soon" or "now" and to the right of that i have lights that say "washer fluid" "oil" "fuel" and "radiator" and when they are low a light comes on next to them.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
To reset the change oil {ok}{soon}{now} in the VMM (Diagnostic maintenance monitor):
- ignition off
- ignition to RUN (but not to start, don't start the car)
- within 16 seconds of putting the ignition switch to RUN, use a paperclip in the small hole to the left of the OIL CHANGE section. Press and hold until the light stops blinking (4 seconds or so).

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Cool, I just walked out to my car at work, got the soft and fuzzy thing I put the registration and proof of insurance, pulled out the digital instrumentation and optional VMM informational foldout, and typed away!

I can't say I have actually done that, I got the VMM to add to my 89 Cougar, but I installed something else that takes up the space for it, so it isn't going in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts