TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my oil pan is leaking and im thinking its the seal, whats the easiest way to take the oil pan off, it looks like you have to raise up the engine to do this, is that right or is there an easier way??

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how would you lower the k-member...

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what are the torque specs for the pan bolts?

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Where is it leaking? If it is towards the driver side front, you might have a leaking gasket between the block and the oil filter adapter. That can often appear to be an oil pan leak, and is very common.

I'm with master486, lowering the k-member is how I would do it.

Just my .02. :thumsup:

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya but i do not know how to do the k member so im waiting on instructions from the pros :) haha

and ill look into the oil filter adapter, im pretty sure its not because there is no sign of oil around it and a very very distinct visual sign of oil all around the oil pan although i think most of it is the leak then it runs backward

thanks for the torque btw too

·
5,650 Posts
Oil pan retaining bolts -- tighten to 80-106 inch pounds
That is incorrect. The correct torque spec is 15 ft-lbs and then turn an additional 60 degrees.

To lower the k-member, you must remove the bolts holding it up to the framerail. You need a torx socket to remove them, and if you search for dropping k-member you should find the size you need.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha thanks man, the torque i thought was a little off, i was always told 20-25ibs but thought id ask anyways. havent gotten to it yet anyways

and thanks for the advice on the k member

1 - 9 of 9 Posts