TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I get my new motor installed, one thing I would like to prepare my car for is a real oil pressure gauge. What one is better, mechanical or WTF is the other type( Can't recall )?:xpshame: I would like to keep the dummy guage working as well as the real gauge. Now I know of the mod that kind of switches the dummy guage to a real guage, but I would kind of like to know the actual oil pressure.

I would also like to add a tranny temp guage but I think the search function has answered my questions on that aspect.

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
TGJ said:
Before I get my new motor installed, one thing I would like to prepare my car for is a real oil pressure gauge. What one is better, mechanical or WTF is the other type( Can't recall )?:xpshame: I would like to keep the dummy guage working as well as the real gauge. Now I know of the mod that kind of switches the dummy guage to a real guage, but I would kind of like to know the actual oil pressure.

I would also like to add a tranny temp guage but I think the search function has answered my questions on that aspect.
I'm using a mechanical VDO Vision series gauge,and it's perfect.Looks alot like the stock gauges,and you won't have any problems with it if you get the copper tubing kit.
DO NOT get the nylon tubing kit-this is where you hear of people crying about oil leaking in the pass compartment-if you use the cheap nylon crap-you'll get a leak eventually.
There are 2 NPT ports on the factory oil filter adapter-one of them has a plug in it.Leave the OE sensor in place,and remove the plug for the new pressure gauge-both will work perfect that way.
JL

1 - 2 of 2 Posts