TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my oil pressure gauge needle stays on top of the "m" <normal> all the time. When I turn the engine on in the morning the needle is in the red area on the gauge and when the engine cranks the needle rises until is rests over the "m". It doens't fluctuate as engine speed changes though. Is this right?

Rob

·
Registered
443 Posts
yeah its just an on/off type of guage...you could change the sending unit to a funtional one but what is that really gonna do...you gonna watch it move?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
since I bought this car not running, I'm still trying to figure out the norm. I was thinkng the needle should move a little when engine speed changes like in my GMC Yukon.

Rob

·
Registered
266 Posts
yea i noticed that too the previous car (beretta gt) the gauge move's when the rpm's varies but with mine's (digital dash) it stay's at the OR all the time (except when car's off)

·
Registered
607 Posts
It is an On/Off swich as stated before. It won't flucuate (sp?) unless you have very little or no oil preasure. Since the oil preasure is the "heartbeat" of the engine I installed a autometer gauge on the piller.

Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts