TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the thread for the extra plug on the oil block the same as the oil pressure sending unit for a 94 4.6 sohc? just trying to figure out what i need to get oil to my autometer oil pressure gauge. if its not does anybody know what thread it would be? thanks, Dave

·
Registered
674 Posts
take out your sending unit and see... if it's the same, take it to the parts store with you and tell 'em you need some adapters to make that thread into your gauge line. In my experiences this is a trial and error process... i had to go to the store 4 times before i got the right adapters for my 351.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I believe the thread for the oil pressure sender is 1/4" NPT and both ports are the same size on the Oil Filter Adapter, if that is what you're asking.

·
Registered
573 Posts
If you are using an electrical unit I think you will need a 90* turn before the sending unit to clear the sway bar. With the electrical unit I used, the connections came loose over time and were a PITA to get to anyway. The mechanical unit I installed since is the way to go.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
won't be an issue i made a bracket so both my trans temp gauge and oil pressure sending unit are mounted on the passenger side of the radiator core support

1 - 7 of 7 Posts