TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, ive been having some problems with my oil levels lately mainly just seemingly irregular readings so im gonna replace the Unit.

But where the heck is it on a 94 3.8 LX.

Any pictures or input would be very helpful thanks! (now i gotta go back to the store forgot i dont have any Teflon tape left.)

·
Administrator
8,249 Posts
Look behind the power steering pump.

Joe

·
Registered
328 Posts
Oil pressure sending unit does not tell you the oil level, but the oil pressure in the engine. A 93 LX oil pressure gauge is probably just telling you that it has oil pressure, not the actual pressure.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok well i might not be calling it by the right name then but the thing i have looks like a sensor that is right below the Alt. what the hell is this sensor before i try to get it off its in a tight ass place too

·
Registered
328 Posts
As you are looking at the engine from the front, is it on the left side of the front timing cover? If so it is the oil pressure sending unit. The oil level sender would be in the oil pan, if you have one.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya sorry i was saying the wrong thing, the oil level sender is above the oil plug.

Ya looking at the front of the engine is just to the left of the alternator well kinda down to the left.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts