TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upon coming to a stop my sc-t-bird will sometimes stutter. The oil pressure gage then drops and undulates slowely until I begin accelleration. My t-bird is completely stock not even an aftermarket air filter. There is no vaccuum leak, it's been tested. The oil pressure sending unit is brand new. What could be my car's problem.:2huh:

·
Registered
107 Posts
From what I understand, our oil pressure guage is basically an "idiot light" that just receives an electrical signal from the sending unit. There is a little resistor in the line between the guage and sending unit. It could be that this resistor is failing.
On my '92SC I have noticed that the oil pressure needle will sometimes drop a little and "pulse" when I'm at a stoplight, then move back up with the RPM's. It only does this on occasion, so I'm convinced it has something to do with an intermittent electrical "short". One of these days I'll do the "Oil Pressure Guage Modification" mentioned over on the tech guides...

·
Registered
526 Posts
I saw a tech article about how to install an oil pressure gage...but I didn't fine one on modifying our existing oil pressure gage...

·
Registered
107 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
That sounds pretty cool...I wonder why Ford didn't do it this way in the first place? Has anybody here done this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts