TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my factory sending unit was leaking oil, my 94 t-bird was reading fine right in the middle of the gauge ,so i bought one from car quest ..well i installed it and the needle was just reading above the red mark at the bottom of the gauge for like five min then it would drop and set my check gauge light would come on ,this is driving me crazy so im wondering if this new gauge is bad and not reading right it just drop down and like it just quit working ,until i restart the car again any suggestion would help thanks ....:mad:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well think i figure it out the gave me the sending unit for wich it works for a light and i have a gauge there is two different one for that year 1994 ,so i think thats the problem....

·
5,650 Posts
There should only be one sending unit. The gauge is in essence a light. It is functional only in the sense that it tells you that you have more than 4 psi of oil pressure (I think it's 4). A "real" gauge would show fluctuating oil pressure depending on engine rpm and the temperature of the oil. I don't think you got the wrong sending unit unless it doesn't look like the one you had. If it's Carquest p/n PS240, you got the right one.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
There are multiple units. I just went through this. My 95 ended up having a 94 sending unit for electronic gauges.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
I am only talking about the sending unit.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
there are two for that year one is for a led gauge and then there is one for gauge only ...i have the one for led instead of for a regular gauge ...the led one is like about 18.00 dollars and the regular gauge is about 7.50 just to clear things up ...thanks for your help;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts