TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In the coolant expansion tank.. the whole thing seems `cloudy'

What could be the cuase of this on a 4.6L?? Haven't done a compression test yet, but there was a test done to see if there was any evidence of an exhuast gas in the coolant and it came back negitive... so..

It does have a SLIGHT scent of `stop leak' to it thou :eek: but i do not smell antifreeze inside of the car which is nice.. and get good heat..

I'm stuck with this car.. so i might aswhile fix it...

·
Jack of all trades, Master of none
600 Posts
How does your oil look? Is it milky also, or just doesn't look like oil should? On a previous car, I noticed that milky effect in my coolant and the same in my oil shortly before I blew a head gasket. Might be something to check out. Other than that, it's out of my league.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the Reply..

The Last time i did check (and i checked a few times) the oil looked `normal', not cloudy/mily..

since the cooling system overflowed once, not really overheated.. since the guage only went up to 1/2 guage (does it go pass??) and the coolign fan was on high.. i did take it to a shop, that i trust, and they found nothing wrong, and did do a check on the coolant for any exhuast gases, and found nothing.. but at that time it wasn't cloudy/milky either..

Thanks again..

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Transmission fluid leaking out of the heat exchanger in the radiator? I don't know of a good way to check it, but I know that coolant and tranny fluid does look like chocolate milk if mixed together, I had both in a drain pan, and while waiting for the torque convertor to drain I played around with compressed air ad make a nasty looking mix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts