TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im thinking about getting me a dennis chip, i dont really want to do any major changes to my car in internal changes, i want to keep my engine mostly stock, i just want to add acouple of horses, from like intake system with filter, performance spark plugs and wires and stuff like that. Currently i have gutted my cats and i made a dual glasspack setup on the rear. Now my question on the dennis chip, what am i goign to have to change when i purchase this chip, ive heard that i have to get colder plugs and i have to get a 180 degree t-stat. But will this chip give me any performance gains like in ponies and if it will how many???????? thanks for the help guys i really appreciate the replys.

Marvin M.

·
Registered
443 Posts
would you be interested in a fairly new JET chip for the low low price of 50 bucks?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry dude but i want a dennis chip

n/m

Marvin M.

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
Hey, I've got a CustomChip with the same Gen II programing that Dennis uses that I could sell ya. Is your car a 94 or 95? Mine is a 94 with a distributor, so I dunno if it will work if yours is a 95 or if its a 94 with coils...most likely not if so. Either way, if you get a chip with the Gen 2 programing you will need cooler plugs and a cooler thermostat. My chip is set up for a stock 94 3.8 with removed silencer, "THE" trans mod and to run on 89 octane. I didn't notice much more power but it is much more responsive and shifts very firm.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I emailed fordchip.com or whatever and they told me that I wouldnt see any performance differences unless i ran 93 octane cause it sets ahead the timing. and since i have a aod tranny, it would have no effect on shifts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aaron K, how much did you get your chip for????

also did he steup your chip so that your fan comes on earlier????? than inbetween the O and R???? also where can i get these colder plugs can i get them from Dan Newman???? and also the t-stat is an 180 right??????

Marvin M.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts