TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The garage has had my car for 2 weeks today to fix electrical problems. They ordered a new computer or somethign for it and it didnt fix it. I just bought the car 1 month ago. Not to put down tbirds, but if its not fixed here shortly, im going to ask for my money back.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
sorry to hear that

what problems is the car having, all used cars have issues, just sometimes they are big issues.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I posted the problems about when they happened awhile ago. WE'll go w/ all the problems that I've had w/ it so far.. First the aftermarket fog lamps were wired wrong and I had to do that. 2nd the throttle cable broke. 3rd I was messign w/ my power mirrors and they stopped working. I look at my speedo and it also stopped working. Fuse under neath hood was fine. But the power mirrors kept on blowing the courtesy light fuse under the dash. I know its not supposed to be powered there. All the other guages work on the cluster. So i dont know. Sucks.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
mirror/interior light fuse possible fix

My 96 bird did this, turned out that the wire harness for the underhood light had stripped wires, which when the hood would close, the wires would twist around and touch, causing the fuse to blow out, I unhooked the underhood light and never had that problem again, I could have fixed the wires but it wasnt a big deal & never got around to it, just something to look at on your car.

Earl

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
yes...

The fuse that is blowing out controls the power door locks, power mirrors, interior lighting, and the light under the hood. there is a wire harness connecting the wires for the underhood light on the driver's side of the car, try un-clipping the wire harness and looking at where the two wires go into it on either side, they may be touching at some point, blowing the fuse.

Earl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts