TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok i have bosch platinum 4 spark plugs but i think these things are crap my idle sucks some time and the performance on my car varies sometimes it will run awesome other times so so im thinking its the plugs so im gonna go and get some motocraft copper ones i was wondering 32C or 22C i was thinking 22C because im gonna be adding a chip and 180tstat after winter but the 22C work worse than the 32C since i dont have those mods thanks alot ps anyone want a set of six bosch platinum 4 plugs also a part number would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Dude,
I put the same plugs in my 90 and it goes like hell all the time. I have kicked new Nissan Maxima in the *** 2 times in a row.

·
Administrator
8,248 Posts
You might want to look at cleaning the MAF. How are your wires, cap and rotor? It might not all be the plugs. I'd run the plugs that Ford calls for until the chip is installed.

Joe

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Bosch plugs suck in a ford. motorcraft all the way. If you run 22c's till the end of winter, you going to get bad mileage, and probably foul those plugs before you get the chip.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

hey thanks for your responses i think im gonna stick with these bosch for awhile oh it turns out i was only running on 5 cylinders because one of the wires was barely hanging on just touch the plugs hence why it would be running great and othertimes not and i used to have a huge system in my car maybe the vibration made it touch and then get loose again thanks:)

·
Registered
861 Posts
Wouldn't the bosch +2's work better?? it leaves more room open for the mixture, much like side gapping the plugs? I figured the 4 would make it worse??

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
No dude,
The entire center electrode is exposed in the 4's. I never had a problem with them. I wonder why Bird says they suck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts