TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I pulled my intake off today, it looked like my head gasket was leaking right were the head meets the block. But when I pulled the head its self off, the gasket didnt look like it was blown.
Can the gasket still leak even if it is not blown out???? Can it just be wore out to were it would seep past it with out it actually be blown?
I cleaned and checked over the head and didnt see any cracks in it, or anywhere that would be leaking. Any imput would be great, thanks

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
i dont know the answer to your question, but why not go ahead and replace them while you have the heads off??? kind of preventative maintance...

·
Registered
724 Posts
I cannot think of something that would be worse than to pull the heads and not change the headgaskets. It's just too easy at that point.

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Have you checked the heads and block surface to see if they are warped at all? Just more insurance against a problem at this point.

Oh, and put new FelPro gaskets in now.

·
Registered
814 Posts
It's very possible to leak without hurting the gasket. At bare minimum check the heads for squareness and new gaskets.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well first I will say I had already planned on new gaskets, that was a given. Dont know who in their right mind would change them.
I am getting ready to check the heads for flatness to see if they had warped. I am thinking that someone just didnt do the torque right on them and allowed them to leak after age.
Oh and yes I have the full Felpro set including head bolts already sitting here for it.
Thanks for your imput.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts