TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, let me explain, my next mod will be my wheels, I want to get these rims:

http://www.highresautoimages.com/ford/cobra3.html

Well, I am talking to Cudaz about possible 17X9 Cobra Rims and he has constructed a checklist of stuff I would need. I was wanting to see if it was complete:

QTY. ITEM Price/Total
4 - 17X9 Chrome 2003 Cobra Rims ---> $208.00 X 4 = $832.00
4 - 255-45-17 Kelley HPT H-Rated Tires> $135.00 X4 = $540.00
2 - Sets of Hubcentric Rings ---------> $20.00 X 2 = $40.00
2 - Sets of Chrome sleeved vlv stems > $10.00 X2 = $20.00
16 - Chrome Lugnuts -------------> $1.00 X 16 = $16.00
2 - Wheel Lock ----------------> $25.00 X 2 = $50.00

This comes out to be a Grand Total of............ $1498.00

I was just wondering your all thoughts on the things I will be buying and their price. I believe the price is reasonable, just if you have any ideas for some things that could be cheaper or what not please don't hesisitate.

My grandparents are willing to talk about getting me these rims (I need new tires soon anyways). I plan to propose this to my Grandparents and I want to set up a payment plan for these rims. I was thinking a possible $400 down payment and monthly payments of $100 to $175 (depending on jobs, when college restarts, I won't have as much money).

Thank you again for your valued help, advice, and time.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Is your car modified to accept the Mustang lug pattern? (4.5") or have you found a set that will fit a t-bird (4.25")?

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Traveler said:
Is your car modified to accept the Mustang lug pattern? (4.5") or have you found a set that will fit a t-bird (4.25")?

They are available in polished or chrome finish for the 4.25 pattern. The only thing I see missing is mounting and balancing from that list.

-Miller

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
StupidFly said:
how about 4 wheel locks instead of 2?
They are in sets according to Cudaz.. How much would mounting/balancing be? I am sure shippnig will run a pretty heavy $80 bucks too.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Around here, mounting and balancing runs anywhere between $10-$20 a wheel...pretty expensive. Ask Brad, if you buy the both the wheels and tires from him there's a chance you'll get them mounted and balanced but I don't know for sure.

Take care,

Brian.

·
Registered
573 Posts
A $1500 dollar loan that you have to pay back, for tires and rims? That's nuts! If this is your first mod then spend it another way. Get a set of BF goodrich T/A's if you need tires. Mount and balance and align the wheels= $450, max. Next, spend the rest of the loan on a Mac cold air intake, 75mm Pro-M maf, 75mm BBK throttle body, C&L Upper intake plenum, and a Reinhart chip.= $1145 + 450= $1595. Now not only you're car looks good but it runs even better! Tires are like haircuts, sooner or later everyone needs one or maybe two. Yeah 17" rims are cool, but the ones that came with the car work just fine. In my opinion, wheels and tires are further down the road. They are icing on the cake. I guarantee I took a loan for tires when I young. And you know what? The tread was gone a long time before the loan was paid. Ed

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hollywood Ed said:
A $1500 dollar loan that you have to pay back, for tires and rims? That's nuts! If this is your first mod then spend it another way. Get a set of BF goodrich T/A's if you need tires. Mount and balance and align the wheels= $450, max. Next, spend the rest of the loan on a Mac cold air intake, 75mm Pro-M maf, 75mm BBK throttle body, C&L Upper intake plenum, and a Reinhart chip.= $1145 + 450= $1595. Now not only you're car looks good but it runs even better! Tires are like haircuts, sooner or later everyone needs one or maybe two. Yeah 17" rims are cool, but the ones that came with the car work just fine. In my opinion, wheels and tires are further down the road. They are icing on the cake. I guarantee I took a loan for tires when I young. And you know what? The tread was gone a long time before the loan was paid. Ed
Well, I just want to get it out of the way, but if they say no. Here is the mods that WILL be done with a $1000 to $1500 loan:

True 2.25 duals ($600)
Apten Performance Chip ($325)
02 GT MAF kit ($140)

After that, I may just call modding a day. I don't want to dump a whole crapload into performance mods with the rising costs of living and what not..

I just want a car that looks great, sounds great, and has a little pep in it's step.

My grandparents will probably in all honesty pay for it and only require me to repay them a fraction, even though I will offer to pay everything. I really want rims, it will make the car stand out, and look a lot more different than what is around my town.

Thanks for your suggestions though.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Oh...And BTW....I don't mount them beacause there is a better chance of damage in freight and nobody wants that. The Dante Design wheels only arrive in a container fresh unmounted. They are also Drop shipped so I never see the wheel anyways.:D

They also arrive with a $200 free gift...$100 worth of calling cards "4" and a $100 2year 24HOUR Roadside assistance program. This is a nice lil giveaway IMO...

I know when I finally put my 17" Bullets and lowering springs on my car I wished I had done it a long time ago...I just enjoy the look of the car so much more now....

Regards

Brad

1 - 10 of 10 Posts