TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found this in my parents room when i was trying to find my booze (lol dont ask)

i think its a m1 carbine, but im not sure since it has the range site
here are the pics

chances are its 1 of my grandfathers, it does not work since it doesnt have the bolt as you see. SOrry, i know the pics suck, but the light in my parents room sucks

·
Heavily Medicated Crime Fighter
2,073 Posts
Well if I had to take a guess I would say it is a Mosin Nagant model 27 and fires the Russian 7.62X54. This was the standard issue round of the Russian army during WWII. The round is equivalent to the US 30-06. They are a fairly accurate rifle but have a rather rough working bolt system. Value of one without the bolt is low.

Regards

Mark

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well Mark, you're right, it is a Mosin-Nagat, but specifically an M91, I believe. It did fire 7.62mm x 54R rounds.

It was used between 1891 and 1924, by both Finland and the Soviet Union.

-Nate B

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ok, if it's 1941, then it would be Finnish. If it is an M-91, I believe Finland used them between 1940-'43.

Not sure on the civilian M1 carbine pistol back in WW2/Korean era, but there are more modern pistols that use the .30 Carbine round, including the Ruger Blackhawk.

-Nate B

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright, its finnish then, its a heavy gun. Its too late ( and too drunk ) to see any other markings on the gun, but its definetly a longer range rifle w/ the site. i have no clue where this gun came from, but i am goin to try my best to see it fire again. thanks for all your help

Zack

1 - 9 of 9 Posts