TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you know what this is then you probably how I felt earlier today. Level 1 OC in the face:bawling: . I would say that was the worst pain I have ever felt in my life, for those of you that have had this done you know what I'm talking about. That was some BAD stuff.

·
Registered
103 Posts
A friend on mine had that done to him as part of law officer training, he said it was awful and that his nose ran for a long, long time afterwards. KF4sign (Warren)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Pepper Spray ! How did that happen?
Really bad pepper spray . Navy Security Force training. Which may sound cool except I'm a Communications ET not an Master-at-Arms.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
ahh understood and best of luck on your training, Same field I am in for over 18 years ;)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ahh understood and best of luck on your training, Same field I am in for over 18 years ;)
Yea I'm planning on getting with the TVA's telecom when I get out and move back to TN.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
When I was young, I got in a 'slight' altercation with a police officer and got myself drenched with pepper spray pretty good. I was slightly intoxicated and very pissed at the time, so I don't remember a lot of pain. If my eyes hadn't of watered up instantly, the end result would have been a lot different.

However, I do remember everyplace the skin is tender (around eyes, nostrils, lips, armpits, & between my fingers), it burned pretty good. After I was in the car, the officer offered a bottle of water for me to rinse off with and I took him to stick it so he put the water back in the trunk.

When I was being booked into jail, the sergeant that was filling out the paper work while I sat in the chair across from me kept rubbing his eyes. He finally said something kept burning his eyes like crazy. I replied to him, "Oh, did I mention I got maced?" He got seriously mad (not at me) and started yelling at the officers why nobody told him I got sprayed!

I thought it humorous - I guess you'd have had to have been there! rofl

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I was young, I got in a 'slight' altercation with a police officer and got myself drenched with pepper spray pretty good. I was slightly intoxicated and very pissed at the time, so I don't remember a lot of pain. If my eyes hadn't of watered up instantly, the end result would have been a lot different.

However, I do remember everyplace the skin is tender (around eyes, nostrils, lips, armpits, & between my fingers), it burned pretty good. After I was in the car, the officer offered a bottle of water for me to rinse off with and I took him to stick it so he put the water back in the trunk.

When I was being booked into jail, the sergeant that was filling out the paper work while I sat in the chair across from me kept rubbing his eyes. He finally said something kept burning his eyes like crazy. I replied to him, "Oh, did I mention I got maced?" He got seriously mad (not at me) and started yelling at the officers why nobody told him I got sprayed!

I thought it humorous - I guess you'd have had to have been there! rofl
Yea , the law states if you spray you have to remain with the suspect for 2 hours and also take to medical for decon.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I remember completing the basic Navy shipboard firefighting course at the 32nd Street Naval Base in San Diego in 1990.

The final exercise involved everyone going into a large hangar-size building. They lit up several fires of each class, but you couldn't put on your OBA until the smoke was so bad you couldn't see and you were choking on it. Very realistic.

Once we did a full deckload launch off of the carrier after completing some training workup exercises off the California coast. My plane was the tail-end Charlie and we sat sucking exhausting fumes into the cockpit for at least an hour before they shot us off.

My eyes stung and watered up the the whole time. We landed at 0200 and I drove straight to my apartment without taking off my flight suit. I was tired and the grooves in the interstate pavement caused me to jerk over. Two CHP guys in a cruiser right behind me pulled me over. I explained where I had been and they took a sniff or two and let me go.

That doesn't seem as bad as getting hit pepper spray, though, in such a brief moment.

It brings to mind the scene in that movie Fight Club where the guy burns his hands making the soap and water only makes it worse. You think there would a neutralizing cream for that or something.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The pepper spray is water soluble . The worst part it is when the water hits your face you absolutely lose your breath then it feels GREAT, then later when you wash again you get a re-flash :zdevil: . Oh yes by the way, when you take a shower and wash your face water flows down so you have to make sure you lean over the tub and wash your face first or you will feel it in OTHER place farther down south!:ztoohot:

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts