TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seriously have the worst case i have ever had in my life!!! it just keeps spreading after days and days of calamine lotion and tecnu soap..etc..

started on just my right hand now its everywhere.. yes EVERYWHERE!!!:eek:

anyone have any solutions that may help!?!?!?! im about ready to hit the ER and get meds for this.....

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Baking soda mixed with a little water into a paste, its a known neutralizer and stops skin irritations. Its cured a few plant caused rashes for me.

·
pendejo
430 Posts
The guys I work with rub isopropyl alcohol on the affected areas, and can usually get a couple hours without it itching. I wouldn't recommend rubbing that "everywhere" It kind of sounds like it's time to suck it up and see a doctor though.

I can't speak from experience though since I've only been around the stuff this year, and have only had direct physical contact with it about five times now and so far no reaction.

·
Registered
839 Posts
We got that **** here on the prarie like crazy... Ivy,oak... All the stuff that makes me not want to be an explorer =( lol. You sure its ivy? I didn't know it could spread like that unless you rolled around in it naked or somthing lol.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I had it bad once. On my face, swelled up and looked like an asian. When I start to get it now I go in the shower with a bottle of isopropyl alcohol and scratch it til it bleeds, you get the pleasure of itching it that way, then pour the alky on it so it stings. That usually takes care of it for me now.

·
Super Moderator
11,931 Posts
Head to the ER or the dr's office before the end of the week and get some real meds for that. You'll thank yourself.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts

Sorry, you knew someone had to do it, so why not me!? lol

·
Boost!!!
814 Posts
i just got over a pretty bad case as well. i scrubbed it in the shower with a dish washing scouring pad and a lot of soap until it bled, and then i sprayed bleach on it... hurt so bad words couldn't describe it, but it was nothing but dried up scabs in 3 days. no calamine lotion needed. But be warned...IT BURNS BAD:bawling: but it works

·
Registered
622 Posts
i just got over a pretty bad case as well. i scrubbed it in the shower with a dish washing scouring pad and a lot of soap until it bled, and then i sprayed bleach on it... hurt so bad words couldn't describe it, but it was nothing but dried up scabs in 3 days. no calamine lotion needed. But be warned...IT BURNS BAD:bawling: but it works
Oh but it feels SOOOO good scratching it before the bleach/alcohol.:)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Bleach, as in sodium hypochloride?

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Sounds like this guy will have scabs on him from head to toe if he goes that route. I used to itch mosquito bites til they bled was the best wayto get them to stop itching.

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts
Head to the ER or the dr's office before the end of the week and get some real meds for that. You'll thank yourself.
This, If it's as bad as you say it is.

Last time i got it, the only thing that stopped it was Brake Cleaner.
break it open. spray.

yes, it hurts.

that was desperation. after trying everything else. and i do mean everything.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well i sucked it up and went to the doc yesterday... im on steroids heavy course for 6 days.... also was told to not scratch it open... thats bad... ( i went home ripped open the big areas and poured rubbing alchohol in those areas... then hopped in shower and scrubbed down with dawn dish soap ( yeah the degreasing kind...) no i didnt scratch my JUNK... I got MEDS for that.!!!

should be fine by end of the weekend tho! :D

·
Registered
622 Posts
Thanks for all this talk about PI now I got it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts