TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that might sound a little dumb but is it possible to swap out to a non-ABS brake set up?Like by using parts from an older T-Bird,mines a 96.I was thinking about using the small brake booster from a late model Mustang and a 93 Cobra master cylinder.Since the 93 Cobra had 4 wheel disc brakes.
Let me know if anyone has done this before and what to get.
Thanks,
Chris

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
some people like me hate that damn pulsing you get all the time. My bird will never see winter so I got one without ABS. You can just pull the ABS fuse, but I don't know if that has negative effects opposed to installing a non-ABS system.

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heres why......

I want to change it because it doesnt work now anyway.I have a bad sensor somewhere and the ABS light comes on as soon as I hit 20 mph and the traction control light goes off.Not that I am gonna need that traction control anyway.But I also wanted a little more room around there when I did the 5-speed swap.
Thanks for the responses.
GreenBird,yours didnt have it from the factory?Can you tell me more on how the booster looks and so forth?Is it big or small?
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
1 Posts
i also want to know if the swap to abs to non abs is doable and if so i want to know what car model am i to look for for parts (mustang,lincoln???)...i have a 1990 cougar with 3.8 supercharged with the abs blown and i am fed up with abs blasting every 3 years. lloking for some help on doing this...don't want questions as to why i am doing this...thanky.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Someone here has done the swap....he was having a really hard time till I told him that some 96 and 97s had 4 wheel discs and no ABS.

I haven't bothered to look at my brake system much...The fluid doesn't leak, and it stops like a square marble.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts