TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to figure out for a race car...what the resistance would be to make an air bag lamp not illuminate. We are removing the airbags, gutting them and putting the covers back in place....I know I know, why dont we just remove all the wires for the complete system. We already had the dash out and removed all the unnecesary BS, heater box, insulation, nut/bolts/brackets. The car will retain all its power options windows, mirrors, wipers...So we dont want to take it out again. Removing the idiot light nets you a ding forever. I have searched here and over on corral.net. With no luck. any input would be appreciated. Chris

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
remove the fuse? and pull the module?

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Chris, look on upr, they have an airbag delete kit for the driver side (which would work for you since you have the fr500 wheel?). That might lead you in the right direction?

-Joel

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
umm.. just take the bulb out?

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Chris, by any chance did you keep the heater box? I am looking for one in perfect condition... did you have SATC?

-Joel

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
master486 said:
Didn't you read? If you take out the bulb (or idiot light as it was referenced), it will ding relentlessly.
But it will put the idiot light out. The dinger, you could just toss that in the junk box along with everything else that's been gutted, well unless it's required race equipment?

·
5,650 Posts
GODSPEED said:
Chris, by any chance did you keep the heater box? I am looking for one in perfect condition... did you have SATC?

-Joel
Yeah, I've got the heater box but it doesn't have SATC. Was there a difference between SATC and non-SATC heater boxes?

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
master486 said:
Yeah, I've got the heater box but it doesn't have SATC. Was there a difference between SATC and non-SATC heater boxes?
Wrong Chris, I meant CobraRThunder.

-Joel

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the car still retains all its heater box.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Ask in the Ford parts section for a "Mexican Airbag" It is an airbag delete kit for the steering wheel, was originally for Ford stuff being sold in Mexico.

·
Super Moderator
11,929 Posts
nickmckinney said:
Ask in the Ford parts section for a "Mexican Airbag" It is an airbag delete kit for the steering wheel, was originally for Ford stuff being sold in Mexico.
Ole!

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
nickmckinney said:

i was just about to post that....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts