TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, Dutch asked me to post this picture he took from his bird. Apparently there is a few more tbirds over there than you might expect. But haven't we seen this too many times? ;)

At least they have the smarts to use a good old F-350 for the job.

Looks like a '92. Funny yellow plates Dutch.

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts
I hate when that happens:eek:

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
yea, the fans started in 93... you can tell its a 92 cause of the tails.. they may not be on, but i can see the little curve at the bottom. prolly a 92 5.0, cause of the duals... just a guess tho. -greg

·
Automatic Weapon
1,219 Posts
Crazy Robert, always taking pictures of stuff like that ;)

Thanks for the Dutch stuff, Robert, my mom flipped, she loves Dutch candy!

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,116 Posts
The wheels that are on Dutch's Tbird appear to be the same shown here:

These wheels were available 89 - 93 or so I have been told. I had them on my 90 N/A and my 92 sport.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
glowing escape said:
they may not be on, but i can see the little curve at the bottom.
That and they don't cross over the top of the liscense plate. :D

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Okay. Now the challenge from Dutch is for you to figure out what is wrong with the bird! Yup. Uh huh. Look closely and take yur best shot.

(Pic reposted at the Dutchman's request. He's one crazy guy. I think the air is thinner up there.)

I say headgaskets. :D

Oh, and Shadowdragon. Dutch would also like to see it as Pic-O-T-Day.
And btw, it is not Dutch's. He took the pic from inside his bird.

·
2,116 Posts
Why is the car being towed like that?

If it is drivetrain related why not tow the car by lifting the rear up. Maybe that was a dumb question.

My guess, it is missing it's left front wheel or it is drive train related, or it is repoed. I can't see anything else wrong with it.

The funny thing is I was just over in Europe for 7 weeks and I can't remember what the dutch drove, can only remember seeing a lot of VW, BMW, MB's and Smart cars.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
The back wheels are on rollers.

That is a perfectly legitimate way of towing a RWD vehicle.

·
2,116 Posts
Could the car have been parked in a no parking zone or is something buggered on the front suspension or the steering? It has to be something I suggested.

I know that is a legit way of towing a RWD, but an impractical one if the front suspension is fine. The way shown is impractical because 1) you have to lift the car twice, once to put the dolleys underneath the rear and again to lift the front. 2) you have to lift the car to get the dolleys out.

I know of some shops where the tow truck backs the car into the shop and that would hell to do with the dolleys under the rear, especially if the car was going directly onto a lift.

That is why I pointed the way that the car is being towed might have something to do with what is wrong with it. Then again maybe not. My dumb question was, if it was drivetrain related why not just lift the back.

·
Automatic Weapon
1,219 Posts
<---over reacts

It's probably a mass conspiracy by the Dutch government to get rid of all the TBirds in the Netherlands!

Robert! Look Out! Hide the Bird they're coming after your car!

They might beat it to death with wooden shoes and windmill blades!

AAAAHHHHH!!!!!

:eek:

·
Registered
552 Posts
OK guys,
First i have to say that i took the photo out of my Volkswagen Polo (leasevehicle, very ugly, drives like...etc.) when i was going to my office, and not out of my Bird. (and... the towed Bird is not my Bird, see pic of the day 11-14)
I think the problem of this Bird is the left tailpipe dont you think, look closer and you can see it.
The theorie of Big-Al is something the Dutch government is working on:
Let the people with a 1680 kilogram car like the Bird pay $800 a year for roadtax!!! and let them pay $ 1,15 for 1 liter gas :mad:
TGJ, overhere they do drive :zpuke: VW Golf (most diesel), Opel Astra :thumbsd: , Peugeot 206:bawling: , Mercedes and BMW:crazy: and some of them for fun a BIRD:usa:

Robert

·
2,116 Posts
Most towers will tow a RWD with the car's rear lifted and the front wheels on the ground. That is the easiest way to tow a RWD. You can't tow a RWD that way if your front suspension is fubared though. If you towed a RWD like shown without the dollies than yes, that can hurt the drivetrain.

I remember a car that started with an O that are crappy, just couldn't remember what it was called(Opel), and the peugeot's have the standing lion waving it's front paws at you emblem. I forgot about those to. Far to many Golfs though, it was like a nightmare.

Soop, the air there is not thin, they have coffeeshops and cafes, Dutch Tbird probably hangs out at them coffeeshops.

Those that have been to Amsterdam know exactly what I am talking about!:D

·
Registered
552 Posts
TGJ, if you want some hardware from Amsterdam just shoot me an mail! Big-Al is one of my finest customers and he says his mom flippped!!
:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts