TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone that makes an intake to put a carb on a 4.6 DOHC? I think I have seen it but cant find it anywhere.A friend of mine wants to put a Cobra or Mark motor in a 29 Rod.
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
974 Posts
I do remember seeing a pic on one. It had a totally new custom fabricated intake manifold if I remember right. I don't remember where I saw it. Might want to try searching and posting on corral.net or one of the mark viii sites too. Good luck, sounds like a great project.

·
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone have a solid lead for my question?
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
192 Posts
Not, solid, but 50/50. Either the reichart piece or the fox lake "P-51" intake hhas interchangeble lids for thier intakes. One is a 4BBL carb intake. With that one they sell a distributor kit. But they are both for the single cam motors. So score the distributor kit , and build a sheet metal manifold for the twin cam motor.You can use a stock manifold for the head flanges and the water crossovers. built the carb flang, runners, and carb penlum and your in buisness.Or wait till Ford Racing sells it as a kit.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
There was that yellow tube chassis T-Bird, the car was for sale as a roller on e-bay a while back and there was a link to it in the for sale section. That car had a carbed DOHC in it at some point that you could see in the pictures. I have no idea who owned the car or who did the intake. Hope this gets you somewhat pointed in a direction you can work with though. Keep him on that track, that will be much cooler than a carbed LS1.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
i dont think his car was a modular motor...it was a 521 C.I. ...his name was Mike Tymensky...

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
fast Ed N said:
Modular Performance has one now for the 5.4 DOHC, a similar piece for the 4.6 is in the works I believe.

Ed N
4.6 versions are supposedly a year away.

Jack K said:
I've seen a carb'd DOHC at the track before and I swore it was in Mike's T-bird :confused:
Me too.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
He had a couple of different engines in the car at various points in time. I have seen a picture with a carbed DOHC 4.6L under the hood. I even started a discussion about it in the post back when the car was being sold as a roller because me and some friends had been talking about that jokingly and then there it was. I even posted a link to it on another board.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
ive heard about it or seen it somewere...not in the yellow drag bird tho

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Mike sold the car to Shawn Johnson a few years ago, shawn is the one that put the carb'ed dohc in it. mike i believe built the intake though..

·
Registered
974 Posts
Thats the one I was picturing!! For some reason I thought it was on a mustang, but that was definately it!

·
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
VicRattlehead said:
Mike sold the car to Shawn Johnson a few years ago, shawn is the one that put the carb'ed dohc in it. mike i believe built the intake though..

Thats it, now would you happen to have any contact info?
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
thats sweet...thats the same car as mike had?...but i thouhgt he sold the chassis on ebay not to long ago???...was this car rescntly built or is it old?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts