TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out the Car &Driver TV on TNN this Sat and SUN morning. They are playing the race we were in in may. Car& Drivers current issue has a pic of the Bird and trailer as well. Thanks.

Ted

www.cobrasc.com

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
do they get tnn in cancon?? id love to see it but il be in mexico.

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
So you're the guy...

Who owns the Thunderbird SC that was 'first in wheelspin and oil usage' in my August '01 issue of Car & Driver. I hope you got the cars burning problems taken care of, and I can't wait to see the August issue. It should be in my mailbox anyday now.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
turbocat, yea thats ted's 50qts of oil burnin sc cobra bird. i think he said he only used about a qt and half this year. hmm Why so little this year???

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
VicRattlehead said:
do they get tnn in cancon?? id love to see it but il be in mexico.
I'll make you a deal, I'll set my VCR's now and you can have a copy if I can go. I'll even buy the first round.;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We thought about going for the record on oil but we couldn't get the mobil one sponsership lined up in time for the race, so we decided to fix the motor instead. We did however blow up the tranny screwing around on the way to the first event. Last year we had problems with the motor and a deer. This year was the tranny and a raccoon. Hopfully next year we will be down to a flat on the highway and a possum.

·
Ohio TCCoA
863 Posts
I'll make you a deal, I'll set my VCR's now and you can have a copy if I can go. I'll even buy the first round.
Lol ted.

I will be watching it sat and sunday when I am opening the bar. Look forward to seeing it. Oh yean and ROTFLMAO at
Hopfully next year we will be down to a flat on the highway and a possum.

later,
jay

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Ted-L said:
Hopfully next year we will be down to a flat on the highway and a possum.
how about a lose radio knob and a mesquito?? next year you need to win the damn thing.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Off roading in One Lap

In the Magazine? yes. Mike decided to put his Pro Rally background to work. Hopefully we will cave some coverage on the TV show as well. It should be on at 8 or 9 AM on TNN sun. We had to start the event with a 50 point deduction because a blown tranny made us miss a checkpoint. The next morning I blew the drags. Then Mike went offroading a few days later. Almost every car out there had something happen along the way so by the end of the week it all evens out. In the first day or so of the event everybody is thinking about how much but they are going to kick. By day three eveybody is just hoping to finish in one piece. It is a brutal week.

Ted

·
Ohio TCCoA
863 Posts
Re: Off roading in One Lap

Ted-L said:
In the Magazine? yes.

No, was that you guys they showed sliding off on car and driver tv on saturday. Then On Sunday they show good shots of the car twice. Once on on of the track and second crossing the finish line at the end of the 1 lap. Oh yeah and how did the bird do on the dirt track did his pro rally driving pay off there at all lol??

Later,
jay

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
i didnt get to see the show, way to busy watching other stuff. anyone know if it will get replayed anytime soon??? or did anyone tape it?? can you mpeg it and put it up on the web?? or just email it to me

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
One Lap

I' didn't see the clip of us going off the track. I'll have to watch it again. I would e-mail it but I am an e-idiot and wouldn't have a clue how to convert it. We only had about three seconds on the show but what the hell, most cars didn't get any coverage at all. The good news is that out of the 15 minutes of fame that everyone tries to recieve before they die, I still have 14 minites and 57 seconds to look forward to (someday). Suposedly the One Lap enterants are going to be recieving the show on DVD with all of the footage that didn't make it onto the show but I havn't heard anything about it lately.

Ted

1 - 16 of 16 Posts