TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would it be easier to just swap the entire computer from a mark VIII to a thunderbird when doing a motor swap? the computer should run the car since its the computer for the mark motor right? i see different things on here about people swapping sensors and splicing connections..........getting computers re-calibrated. wouldn't this be the easier way?

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
It would require you to also install the entire harness out of a Mark VIII so no it isn't easier

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Correct

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Also just because the EEC has the same number of pins doesn't mean all those pins do the same things from car to car

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
sniper77 said:
i thought the computer only controlled the engine.......?
A very honest word of advice...
Learn a lot more about this before you take on this swap. Many headaches ahead if not.

Darrin

·
Registered
250 Posts
Keep It Simple. You might save a few bucks swapping computers and wiring. but it's not worth the headache and time...plus if you get a tune it'll make the swap that much more enjoyable.:)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks guys.... ive researched it darrin......95xbird just did his explorer swap so any troubles he may be able to help me out. prolly wont happen till springtime anyway. still gotta find an engine. the computer wiring is the only tricky thing left. ive gotten quite a few tips from these forums.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts