TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the car has had this problem as long as ive had it.
if i dont start my car every 30 or so hours it will suck the life out of my battery.
ive gotten countless free walmart recharges, replacements and jumps.

somthing in my car is not turning off and i have no idea how to figure out what.
is there anyway to come to an accrate diagnosis for this?

please nothing expensive.i already have to buy a replacement transmission for it, i havent been able to work on it the past few days because of constant rain and now my battery is dead again. ive seriously considered disconnecting every light (including radio) inside of the car. ive looked over the engine bay for faulty connections and nothing looked out of order everything seems to be properly wrapped up and un exposed.

any advice would be great.

·
Super Moderator
9,245 Posts
Something that comes to my mind is to check the current at your fuses. If nothing is running, you shouldn't be seeing any current passing through them. As soon as something turns on, you'll see some current. As long as you have a multimeter that can handle at least the amperage of the fuse bus, you should be able to narrow your possible culprits down.

Also. Start your car and measure the voltage at your alternator, 13-15 volts is normal. Another thing - how old is your battery? Try measuring the voltage there as well; if your battery has a dead cell in it, it won't hold a charge.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The battery is pretty new less than 6 months, those all sounds like good i deas im going to see what i can do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts