TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
i saw it at the video store the other day, but i was skeptical.

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Its not that Napolean Dynamite sucked, I just thought it was annoying. However, my roomate (and most of the floor I live on) thinks its the best movie ever, and since he'll sit through Car Crazy Dream Car Garage, Barrett Jackson, etc. I'm not going to say anything. Though the movie is starting to get slightly less annoying. Whose in Employee of the Month?

·
Registered
5,978 Posts

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
Napoleon Dynamite was not worthly of actually watching, the best part was the end.. Were he got the girl, the guy got President, and were he rocked out on the stage, but other than that it was slow and stupid..

OFFICE SPACE!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
WkStill said:
Napoleon Dynamite was not worthly of actually watching, the best part was the end.. Were he got the girl, the guy got President, and were he rocked out on the stage, but other than that it was slow and stupid..

OFFICE SPACE!

Well, you see... I thought Office Space was halarious as well. So I guess some people don't have a sense of humor. Or that type of humor at least.

I own both DVD's, and put both of them right up in my top 10. My #1 DVD/movie has got to be Dead Poet's Society (Carpe' Diem).

-Kornhaus

·
Registered
601 Posts
The reason Napolean Dynamite was the way it was is because it was an independent film that someone was doing for a class that MTV picked up. They spent Under $1000 making that movie. I liked it.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
ExecutiveHydra said:
The reason Napolean Dynamite was the way it was is because it was an independent film that someone was doing for a class that MTV picked up. They spent Under $1000 making that movie. I liked it.
Someone told me that they spent under $40,000. But if you say $1,000, who knows. That bike they used, during the ramp scene, sold on eBay for nearly 4 grand!!!!

-Kornhaus

·
Registered
601 Posts
scottkornhaus said:
That bike they used, during the ramp scene, sold on eBay for nearly 4 grand!!!!

-Kornhaus

"It's a sledgehammer" "You ever take it off any sweet jumps?" "You got like three feet of air that time, can I try?"

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
They may have spent under 1000 for, I don't know, food for grips, but there's no way it was less than $1000. The cameras and film alone would be way way way more than that.

I thought it (Napoleon Dynamite) was pretty good. There was a lot of really subtle humor in it, and I think a lot of it had to be just something certain people could relate to on one level or another. It was really, really indie, but there are a lot of really BAD indies, so let's not get all pretentious and say it was good BECAUSE it was independent.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Josh_Keady said:
They may have spent under 1000 for, I don't know, food for grips, but there's no way it was less than $1000. The cameras and film alone would be way way way more than that.

I thought it (Napoleon Dynamite) was pretty good. There was a lot of really subtle humor in it, and I think a lot of it had to be just something certain people could relate to on one level or another. It was really, really indie, but there are a lot of really BAD indies, so let's not get all pretentious and say it was good BECAUSE it was independent.

I agree with EVERYTHING you say!

However, what does "indie" mean?

-Kornhaus

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Independant. IE not released by a major motion picture company. Clerks was an Indie film, Mallrats/Chasing Amy/Dogma/Jersey Girl were not.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Mentioned Jersey Girl, but no mention of Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back... :confused: I know most Kevin Smith fans didn't really like JaSBSB (IMO it was ok but for the ultimate fan film... passion of the clerks better blow it out of the water)

On topic though, I'll have to check out Employee of The Month. Been on an indie kick latley (music and movies) so why not?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts