TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys ever have one? I got a job offer from a competing company this week. It pays $8 an hour more than what I make now. I would have about 15 to 20 minutes additional one way drive time. Right now I have about an hour one way. So I told my boss about the job offer, and he freaked out, we have a big job starting up in about a month, but until then, work is gonna be slow. Which really is fine with me, or so I thought it would be. I was looking forward to a little down time, got a garage to get built, swap motor and tranny in my ranger and put a clutch in my bike. I was also looking for another Cougar. Well, those plans were dashed today. I was patiently waiting for the IRS to deposit my return, which I made out like a bandit on, and low and behold, my bank changed routing numbers for the savings accounts. Nice, huh? No letter from the bank or anything. So after a freaking hour on hold with the IRS I am told that it will be 2 to 4 weeks now, because my return will be generated as a check and that will take 5 days. WTF? Back to my boss, now he wants to throw some under the table cash work at me to keep me. But as I am thinking about this, I get a phone call from my cell company, that I owe $125 for a suspension fee. Really? I've never had my phones suspended. So 4 people later and an hour and a half later, they find out is some sort of billing error. Yeah, whatever. Makes me want to drink a beer or 2 and I don't even drink!

·
Registered
871 Posts
Now you know how it is to live a day in the life of Rob haha. Sorry to hear you had a rough one, we all have days like that, some worse than others, its all a matter of how you handle what life throws at you. Hope tomorrow is better for ya!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope so, I've had my eye on 3 different Cougars, one of which is posted for sale on this site. I was looking forward to possibly buying it or one of the others this weeekend, but not gonna happen now. If I can get through the day without getting into an argument with the superintendent on this job I'm doing, it will be better. I'm glad this project is about done. This super has been riding on my last nerve for a while, lol.

·
Super Moderator
4,902 Posts
"I can take Mondays. I can even take Mondays on other days of the week. It's when several Mondays gang up on me at one time that I get ... peeved."

RwP

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The last 2 weeks have been nothing but mondays for me. Its messed up. The superintendent is on my back because we are behind. This job was supposed to be done the week of Christmas. We didn't start it until the week after. I wasn't even on the job until then. Why? Because everyone else was holding us up, including the general contractor. Not to mention the various change orders and the approval process that goes along with it. Sometimes I wonder if the foreman position is worth it. I'm a foreman for a drywall company, btw.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yep those are the days we just think back on and sigh when we are well past them, sounds like you handled things fairly well though.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I took that job. My boss wasn't too happy. He wants me to come back, but we are at a standstill right now, so there's no work. He wanted me to take a layoff and draw unemployment. Missouri unemployment is only $320 a week. Not happening. And the IRS is reprocessing my return, so I will have sum extra cash soon. Hopefully I will have another Cougar soon.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Good for you on the new job. Worst case if it doesn't work out, then as long as you don't burn your bridges w/ your old current boss, you could always try and get a job there again if all else fails.

Time for a new Cougar! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts