TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an online parts cross reference? I know T-Bird and Cougars are the same, but what about the different model years?

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
I often use RockAuto to compare part numbers. It probably isn't 100%, but if the part numbers are the same between models, I assume the item is the same. When you find a part, you can click on the part number and it will pull up a list of all the vehicles it fits (but some of the part numbers pulls up a larger list than others). :D

But that won't help with body items and the like, only repair parts.

Just my .02. :thumbsup:

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Daily, I wanted the reference when I don't have the part number and when the part is not listed at Car Part.com or at Rock, Summit, O'Reilly's, Advance...

In this particular instance, I am looking for a charcoal canister for a V6. The only example I have is hanging on my car, behind the front bumper in a blind spot for reading part numbers.

Like you, my car is daily driven. I don't want to take parts off that I don't have replacements for, especially if I break them getting them off. ;->

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
PCD said:
Like you, my car is daily driven. I don't want to take parts off that I don't have replacements for, especially if I break them getting them off. ;->
I heard that!!! I know exactly where you're coming from!! :D

Did you search for "Vapor Canister"?

RockAuto:
1997 FORD THUNDERBIRD LX 3.8L 232cid V6 FI (4) : Emission : Vapor Canister
MOTORCRAFT Part # CX1118 {#E5TZ9D653A}
$78.99

FORD (1976 - 1997)
LINCOLN (1977 - 1996)
MERCURY (1976 - 1997)

This?

:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts