TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals
I know TIRERACK is the preferred place to get tires online, but has anyone used another place with success? Looking to get 4 Goodyear EAGLE F1 GS-D3 in 255-45-17.
Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I spent a greatwhile looking for those tires at a nice enough price...and gave up.
I settled for Falken 451's and can't comlain about them.
Since weather has been bitter cold, they have seen : Snow, Ice, Rain, and the first day I had them was warm and dry...not a problem yet.
My last tires were some Michelin Pilot's or something, and they don't compare.

I can't justify buying that nice of a tire, until I have the power that needs it, EVEN then, I would end up getting a street radial (285+ rwhp)...until then, my Falken 451's won't have a problem.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Hey guys and gals
I know TIRERACK is the preferred place to get tires online, but has anyone used another place with success? Looking to get 4 Goodyear EAGLE F1 GS-D3 in 255-45-17.
Thanks for listening.
I have used tirerack and www.onlinetires.com. Been happy with both.

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While I realize the F1's might be a bit of overkill with a low performance car, I cant see spending good money on less than optimal tires. I put very little mileage on my car, and from what I have heard from others, they could and should last me for a few years, and I am looking to do some more road course time this year. All of the reviews I have read have been more than favourable to the F1's.
And it seems that www.tirerack.com has the best price of all of them.
Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Nitto NT555. Good performance and a much better price tag. I've heard nothing but good things about that tire, and I know a few of the guys on here use them and like them. I'd buy a set of those over the Goodyears even if I was a millionaire.

-Joel

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
tires.com (discounttiredirect)...dont know about the F-1's but i got my 255/45/17 BFG KDW's for like 143 Each. most places wanted 200 each to mount and balance them.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I too have used discounttiredirect and was very pleased with them got the new rubber in 2 days. I also got the Falken tires and was very pleased with how the performed on any surface(dry, wet, snow) In fact i just bought another set from them a month ago for the ex's car again.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I just received 4 Nitto NT555 tires and I paid $730 including shipping from discounttiredirect.com two 245/45/18 and two 275/40/18 No problems at all here. Good luck!

Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts