TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my 95 took a dump on me about 2 months ago and I've been trying to narrow down the problem. It keeps flooding up after about 5 miles if that. I changed all 4 o2 sensors numerous plugs and a couple oil changes and even a new set of plug wires. Its a 4.6 rebuild from ford with only about 36,000 miles. Now I've come to the conclusion that only the driver side if firing, when I started pulling wires one at a time with it runing, it seemed like none of the ones from the passenger side made a difference, deffinatley poor throttle response. I don't know if a Cam Shaft Positioning sensor or what. Actually I had a Crank Shaft Positioning sensor go out last summer. If I could get any ideas that I might not of thought of yet I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Registered
141 Posts
might also be valve timing on that side thrown off, I'de take the valve cover off and see what the vavles do, don't really know though, or you could compression check that side, yeah, i'de go with that...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know it's not the coil because 2 plug wires come from each pak. But I'll go through the hassel of pulling that cover off, what exactly am I looking for though

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got my buddy stopin by tommarow morning but I was just trying to trouble shoot this and see if it sounded familiar to anyone, he's wondering if because the way it's been running that it my throw about everycode in the book or something.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Could be the coil trigger, as although each coil fires 2 plugs on each side, cylinders 1-4 fire in the opposite polarity as cylinders 5-8.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I don't think a P0443 EVAP canister will cause all that big of a drivability problem, mainly related to not passing emissions. That is the evap canister and related thermistor and valve in the passenger fenderwell area (in front of the wheel, take out the inner fender well to get to it).

I would do a compression test on it and go from there.

·
Registered
141 Posts
find the vaccum line to the EVAP canister and try unplugging from the canister and putting something in it to see it may be trying to suck fuel through the canister somehow?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts