TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just need some opinions from everyone, as car guys.

We're trying to sell this Buick Skylark GS. Its a nice car, but I'm not getting any bids on it. Is the asking price too high, the starting price to high, is it just an undesireable car? whats the deal? the prices listed are right on as far as the NADA book goes.

Buick Skylark GS

Any input would be appreciated. And of course if you feel like bidding feel free! :D

·
leet sauce
1,841 Posts
I personally think ebay is where most people go to buy something for cheaper then regular price would be. might want to try local papers or local online classifieds.
also some people wait untill very last minute to bid to secure the winning of the auction. i think you are able to see how many people are watching the auction through user interface on ebay itself.
hope that helps. gl!

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I haven't posted it here because it belongs to my Dad and his dealership. That would make it a "commercial business". I'm not sure what the rules are pertaining to commercial businesses posting items for sale. I don't want to risk breaking any forum rules. But if you are interested in the car (he has about 4 cars now, not counting his personal car) you can call the number on the ebay ad. Just tell him you saw it on Ebay and I (Mike) referred you. He has put a new motor in it, I think it'd make a great DD.

Chizep said:
It's a chevy cavalier, what were you expecting?
I think its bigger than a Cavalier. Different Platform.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
That Skylark is on the same platform as the pontiac Grand am and the Oldsmobile Achieva. If I remember correctly, don't quote me on this, but I think there was a problem with the head gaskets on the 3.1 V6 at the time. That could be why you're not getting any bids.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Perhaps I should mention that we've put a new motor in it. Dad bought it for a customer who backed out of the deal because of "engine noise". (I never heard it, but was told it was a light tap). Anyway even after Dad put a motor in it he still backed out of the deal.

Oh, and thanks for the information. I never even thought to compare the Skylark to the Grand Am or Achieva

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Traveler said:
Oh, and thanks for the information. I never even thought to compare the Skylark to the Grand Am or Achieva
Yeh, it's got all the lines:

I think my old Chilton's for my cavi lists the Cavi, Avchieva, Skylark, and maybe a couple more. I could be wrong though . . . there's only one real chilton's i read anymore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts