TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
5w30 Guzzler
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know all the facts, but from what i do know, i back Bush and the United States 100%. it would take some majorly evil actions with no explanation to make me disagree with my country though.
i'd like to hear everyone's opinions on why we have a conflict with Iraq right now that is more important than North Korea.
im hoping to learn things that i didnt know. but i've heard so many hippies on TV saying they'd never serve this country in battle. not just typical hippies either. stupid college kids that are just looking for a "purpose" in life. i just havent heard much from the pro-war side (the side im on).
while canada is my favorite country next to my own, i am sick of hearing people say that if we go to war then they're moving to canada. i have a friend with dual citizenship to the US and Canada and her family said that if something breaks out, they're moving back to Canada.
I dont understand that bullsh*t. take advantage of a great nation in peace time, but abandon it and not support it when it needs to take measures to ensure safety and freedom.
what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
chilipepprflea said:
i have a friend with dual citizenship to the US and Canada and her family said that if something breaks out, they're moving back to Canada.
I dont understand that bullsh*t. take advantage of a great nation in peace time, but abandon it and not support it when it needs to take measures to ensure safety and freedom.
Are they French Canadian by any chance? lol j/k

alot of (liberal/democratic) people don't care for the guy... but if you want cold hard facts, the best place for it hands down is www.rushlimbaugh.com . I'm sure some will disagree though.

As far as where I stand, I support our nation 100%. I love living here and if it comes down to it... I'm more than willing to fight for it opposed to running away with my tail between my legs :cool: . here is my 2 posts in this other thread, I just don't feel like typing all over again, lol... but it's basicly why I think something has to be done.

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13617

take care,
-Steve :cool:

·
Registered
861 Posts
yeah! i totally agree with you! i've never been more proud to be american than i am right now with a president who knows what needs to be done and is actually doing something about it. we all know saddam is an a**hole and doesn't care about his own people and is a danger everyone else, so if we have to go in there and take him out so be it. lol, and i agree with the stupid college hippy kids, there was a protest on campus like last week, with about 20 kids, and they were like banging on pots and pans saying "give peace a chance!" bunch of losers! is they think saddam is so great go over there!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
JJanney said:
My father has just left for the Gulf within the past two weeks. For that reason, I wish there were no war. But, it is a necessary evil.
I hope he stays safe man. I have alot of family going over there too... it's an uneasy feeling. God Speed

-Steve

·
Registered
861 Posts
lol i was watching opera the other night and they were talking about the war and some lady was like, "we have to have franch on our side, we can't win the war if they're not" i was just like wtf!! what help would the frech due, i'm pretty sure their 20 tanks aren't gonna help much

·
Registered
668 Posts
SC_Steve said:

I hope he stays safe man. I have alot of family going over there too... it's an uneasy feeling. God Speed

-Steve

I hope all families stay safe. I myself like many others have family headed over there. My best friend I hope does not get called up. But if he does I know he would serve our country proud. I am not one for praying but I pray that all over there will return home safely.

Regards GT:usa:

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
I completely support our nation and President Bush. I don't believe that anyone wants to go to war, but I'm glad that this administration knows that sometimes things have to be done for the good of the world.

I currently have two friends near the border in Kuwait with the 7th Marines, they left a few weeks ago I believe.

Hopefully this situation will be resolved by the time that I graduate and am commissioned as an officer in the Army, but if it is not, I'm willing to go.

XR7kid, you are completely right. France's importance is completely overexaggerated. Their assistance is merely for show, they are of no necessity to this issue.

This is somewhat of a radical viewpoint (or some might think so...), but I think someone needs to examine the relevance of a country like France being a permanent member of the Security Council. A lot has changed in the last 50 years, and one of those things is the relegation of France to a relatively unimportant minor entity.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Wow... I'm very impressed. It's good to hear folks talk of their pride for their country so openly. In my line of work, it does good to hear that type of support. I get so tired of the anti-war and anti-US hyperbole sometimes. Very refreshing.

I'm with all of you who say they are proud and support the nation.

·
Registered
668 Posts
fzrdan said:
In my line of work, it does good to hear that type of support. I get so tired of the anti-war and anti-US hyperbole sometimes.

Where do you work that people are not supportive of American and proud to be in this wonderful country of ours.

GT:usa:

·
Registered
627 Posts
tre45 said:

Where do you work that people are not supportive of American and proud to be in this wonderful country of ours.

GT:usa:
Oh... it's not the people I work with that are not supportive, it's the stuff we hear from others. I'm a US Marine. Been one since 1983.

·
Registered
668 Posts
fzrdan said:

Oh... it's not the people I work with that are not supportive, it's the stuff we hear from others. I'm a US Marine. Been one since 1983.
Well I am backing you all 100% on what ever you have to do or will do. And I appreciate all you military folks do for our country.

Thank You!!

GT

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Bush is just cleaning up after his father's mistake.

We need to do with Iraq what we did with Japan after the surrender.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I hate to even get involved in this debate but feel I must. I was a squid during Desert Storm. I served my country and did what I was told but I believe that we were treated like s*** after the war was over. That's what I'm afraid of now, but for a different reason. We didn't finish the job 12 years ago and now I think GW is trying to do what his daddy didn't. Until we have some definitive proof that Saddam has these weapons we shouldn't attack. If we find proof that he has weapons that can reach the US we should wipe his *** off the face of the Earth. My main problem with the whole thing is that we will not kill Saddam. We haven't hunted down and killed Osama and we won't hunt down and kill Saddam. He will disappear into the Arab world and blend in with any country who will allow him to live there with his money. Then, once we establish some sort of control over Iraq, the Saudi radicals will launch attacks on our troops that will kill so many of our boys that I don't even want to think about it. If we find definitive proof that Saddam can reach the US and kill our innocents, then we need to go in, take over, and make it clear to Saudi Arabia that if one single one of their residents attack us, we will destroy them too. I don't like war, I've been friends with too many f'ed up people who saw action in Desert Storm and haven't been right since. I totally support all of our troops. Hell, I was one of them 12 years ago. I don't want to see them get into it unless it is absolutely necessary. Trust me, they won't like what they see. But I'm sure they will fight their *** off for everyone back home. It's just too bad that General's don't have to fight alongside their Infantrymen, they might not be so war hungry.
GUN

·
Registered
575 Posts
i think thsi post is only going to go south and should be closed asap. this debate has occured on a few boards that i visit, and it all goes the same....'frenchies and germans suck for not supporting us,'....americans are too aggressive...'......make peace not war'......'war is a necessary evil'.....'...anyway my point being this is like debating abortion or the death penalty, people are frim in their beliefs and will not falter from then no matter what. personally though, i belive we should kill them all then give them money to rebuild their new democracy.
michael

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Gunslinger said:
We haven't hunted down and killed Osama and we won't hunt down and kill Saddam.

GUN
I think that he is dead, and Bush is still using him as an excuse to push policies like the patriot act. Bush is doing the right thing, but he's not doing it the right way.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
The Middle East....is also known as the Levant....frickin french for niether here nor there, but somewhere in between....thats just it.

It is difficult to gauge what will happen after Saddam is gone. so in the north are the Kurds, they want to control the country. The Sunnis are in the south, for all you history students, Islam suffered a split thousands of years ago, the Shiites(Baath party), which Saddam is are Secular, the Sunnis are Fundamentalist, if the Sunnis get to Baghdad after the USA clears out the Baath party, Iraq will become another Afghanistan. The key is to have another multinational rebuilding process, that aint easy. This is not a process to be taken lightly. The UN needs to play an active role in this process, the problem is that the UN is not seeing that, there is a smoking gun, Saddam and his number 2, Tariq Aziz know where everything is, there are WMDs, tis not a matter of if they are found, it will be a matter of when. But the USA has to convince the UN and the cheese eatin french surrender monkeys that there is a threat. It is difficult to say there is a threat to anyone outside the Middle East.. all it takes is one warhead to reach Kuwait, Israel, Jordan, or Saudi for the $hit to hit the fan. But, Baghdad is the home of hte Golden Age is Islam and is considered very sacred in the Region, not as much as Mecca, Medina, or the black rock, but is signifcant. When things start going bad in the 'dad the Fundamentalists will probably launch a jihad and terrorist actions around the world will increase, i dont think it will happen in the US, DHD, CIA, and the FBI ahve things under control, i have faith in my govt. but others will suffer by way of terrorists, we will be blamed but the only ones to blamewill be the govts of others countries not doing enuf to protect thier citiznes...on a final note, for all of those who will be leaving for the Gulf, godspeed, and remember load the M9 one round short, tap the back of the mag and shoot to kill.

i think i covered all bases

joseph

·
Mushroom Stamp Layer
844 Posts
my $.02

No matter what people's opinions on the possible war are they should support our nation in the event of a war. Protest all you want right now if that's what you wanna do...but if you do so during the war you should be shot for treason.

That is the important thing that will prevent this into turning into another vietnam. I'm not worried about Saddam having missle range to hit the USA...no country is stupid enough to launch a missle attack against the US. The problem is with him having nuclear/biological/chemical capability do you not think those weapons of mass destruction can get into someone elses hands. I'm not scared of the man with 100 weapons of mass destruction....it's the man with one that worries me.

Too many people have the "not in my backyard" theory that George Carlin talks about. It took an attack on the world trade center to bring this country together and now that it's been over a year people have seem to lose site of that. What will it take this time for people to start realizing that the threat is real. My opinion is that we need to take care of what we're going to take care of and close America's borders.

There's nothing worse for a serviceman like myself and many thousands of others out there to see someone not support us in what we do and in all reality it tears me apart. What will do you have to fight when your fellow country men/women bastardize you upon your return. And seeing some of these movie stars that some of us grew up watching and viewing them as heros being another Jane Fonda...they can kiss my ***!

None of us want war. None of us want to be put in harms way. And like 99.99% of the soldiers out there...going over there scares me, but this is what i chose to do. Next time you see a soldier/marine/seaman/airman...tell them thanks and that you are proud of them! And next time you see someone *****ing and moaning their hippy crap....tell them they have the right to leave this great nation if they don't like it.

Seabass
SSgt USAF

1 - 20 of 78 Posts