Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, I am looking into getting HID's for my bike. What would you guys think about
6k vs 8k vs 10k? Not sure which ones to get...

·
Registered
429 Posts
The lower the kelvin the more usable light. You can still get the blue-ish flicker depending on projector that you use and the way they are modded.

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
Nothing screams assclown quite like headlamps that aren't white.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
kdanner said it best...

i have 5000K kit in my 95 mark 8 that came stock with halogens, so i have HID kit off ebay in halogen housings and the lowbeams(HID) are brighter than the highbeams(stock halogens)

id vote 6000K in the options you gave. 10K would be ugly ass purple lights and wont see squat at night.

·
Registered
385 Posts
go with 8k I like the color better than 6k although they are both great I think the 8k is easier on everyones eyes compared to 6k I also have 8 k in my cougar they are real hid's not xenons and I love the color compared to the 6k I had before.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I vote 6k, they give you that very faint blueish tint but still give you a lot of light on the road, I use 6k HID bulbs with my kit and never got pulled over for it( also they are aimed well). The higher the kelvin rating the less light you'll see especially in bad weather.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I vote 4300k.

I had 6k's and frankly I am much happier with the 4300s.

Remember, the bigger the kelvin number, the less light output you'll have.

Best,
Ghost

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
4300 ftw :headbang:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts