TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I've been looking at wheels for a long time, I've come across some wheels that I like from Bonspeed and I wanted some opinions. I know they are probably a bit more expensive than others cause they are made to order, but the things you usually like are. :rolleyes:

I have a 97 Cougar 30th Anniversary (Toreador Red), Id like to keep the ride height the same and put a Xenon kit on it with 18"s. I was leaning toward the 1st one because It would be easier to clean and I'm picky when it comes to my cars. :D

I live in Illinois and I will use the stock wheels for winter, if it gets driven then, but they offer a clear powder coating as opposed to just the polished aluminum. Would it be a good idea to do this or would it just chip off and look bad? (I have a 96 dakota where they cleared the machined aluminum and it is flaking off) I know it is easier to clean

I know there are a lot of wheel manufacturers out there, and I haven't seen them all, even though it feels like I have. If anyone knows of a manufacturer that offers something similar in maybe a chrome. . .
Also if anyone wants to throw out another design opinion that would look better on a Cougar, please tell me, I love constructive criticism. Not that they are that much different, I just usually see pics of the T-birds.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm really old fashioned comapred to you.. You will get so sick of polishing those wheels you wont believe it. Never again will I buy a set of polished wheels. By all means, get them powdercoated. You will never be sorry.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Check out the Custom Wheel Shop on this site. There are some similar styles in chrome on there; maybe the price will be better? Either wheel you picked will look good, btw; but I'd go with the split spokes just to be a little different.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I vote #1. Although, get them coated/sealed after you polish them real well. It sucks BIG TIME to polish them all the time

·
Registered
987 Posts
Bonspeed Billets are extremely expensive. I am a dealer.

I have some COddington Billets done up in 17&18" staggered sets....They are alot less money and still a clean 2pc billet.

Cheers

Brad

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
i'm not a huge fan on chrome rims on our cars. i like #1 and 2 leaning more towards #1 as im a aimple 5 spoke kinda guy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts