TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ive got about 100$ to make my car better. i have a 90 cougar xr7 im thinking of getting the overdrive pulley for the blower . however my car has 94000 mi on the origional head gaskets. is this a bad idea the exahaust is modded by i have removed the mufflers completely. i plan on removing the cats too. should i remove the cats before the pulley or should i not worry about it??

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would advise against anything bigger than a 5% because you are getting to the mileage where head gaskets might become an issue. I think you might actually get a better bang for the buck with a bigger TB if you could save a couple more $.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
286 Posts
you didnt really solve anything by removing the mufflers. the pinch on the outlet of the resonator is really bad as well as the downtubes. i wouldnt put the od pulley on the car unless you actually opened up the exhaust. you could get the tb but it is more than what you want to spend.

·
Formula 1 Freak
136 Posts
Personally I wouldn't do any kind of intake upgrades with the stock pipes on the car, unless you wanna be replacing those head gaskets. That said, I've heard of guys with a 10% pully and a few other toys on the intake while running a total stock exhaust with no problems...(so far). Install at your own risk, just don't be too bummed if you end up doing head gaskets.

-Jeff
:2huh:

·
Registered
127 Posts
SuperCoupe said:
Personally I wouldn't do any kind of intake upgrades with the stock pipes on the car, unless you wanna be replacing those head gaskets. That said, I've heard of guys with a 10% pully and a few other toys on the intake while running a total stock exhaust with no problems...(so far). Install at your own risk, just don't be too bummed if you end up doing head gaskets.

-Jeff
:2huh:
DITTO!!!!

Calvin

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just got new wires and plugs , coolant, fuel filter,belts etc
im just starting to improve performance. saddly 2 days ago my 3rd gear clutch pack went so i dont have the cash anymore 700$ for a rebuild
:(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts