TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah they don't have stock sitting on a shelf. You have a choice of mods to the woofers. Made to order. Like Jack in the box.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yep, made to order.. They customize the sub as needed per the customer.

The fully loaded FI BTL series is a rather nice sub as well. (Of course it also comes with a rather nice retail price)

·
Registered
958 Posts
them look like some bangers!!!! hope u enjoy....

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Look nice! :thumbsup:

Kinda packaged like my Brahma was, with that blue foam, although I also had a crate. Basket looks similar, however that style is common. Have that style on another woofer of mine. How much those weigh?

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its right at about 4 cu.ft if I can add some volume when I actually start fitting. I am shooting for 4.2 cu.ft.. Not including the port and speaker displacement.

Port 4 3/8" x 11 1/4" x 23" long @ ~32hz

The front is angled so it will fit to the seat area and I can seal the cabin from the trunk. I am going to make try to make a custom seat back that has a large rectangle hole cut off out of the center of it and have it foamed and upholstered to match the lower part of the seat. Then have a removeable panel over that opening upholstered to match and line up with the seat upholdtery to blend in. My guess is it will be off all the time. I plan on painting the face of the box the color of the car.

Thanks for looking

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got a fair amount of work done. For me anyway.

Got to use my Jasper jig for the first time. That thing is neato but makes one HELL of a mess.!! :mad: I was cutting a double think baflle with it. it took a few passes to not burn up the bit.

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
got some more done. I doubled the front baffle.

and i painted the port. BUT - I see most people use a rattle can so it has a dull finish becuase the MDF soaks it up. So I thought - reguular wall paint, and for those that have apinted a insdie wall before , a roller adds a little texture to it. I think it turned out good. The paint was about $4 at OSH. I had to snip one of the rollers shorter because it rubbed the side of the port when i didn the bottom.

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
In the car? Not sure I have't put it in yet. only the front to back length oculd be an issue. hight is under and the width is the same as i always do.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts