TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So you know before you read, this is complete rant mode.

I wash my car tonight and am driving down O street afterwards. A guy pulls up next to me, I think he had previously been in front of me, he tells me my head light is burned out. So, I go to O'Reilly's since I was going in the direction of one anyway. I get there, get out, sure enough, burned out head light. I get it out, it is a serious PITA to get out. It has some funny blue ricer bulbs in there that the previous owner had to put in so I knew I was gong to need both of them to get them to match. Anyway, I get bulbs, get them snapped in and back down in there and it is already, to go in the housing, too big, wrong bulb, I need 9007, its a 9004. Go back in, go to the headlights, only one package that is unopened with a 9007. I don't trust open headlight packages since the bulbs don't like being touched. Go to the counted, he gives me a pair, the package wasn't reall sealed. I wrestle them back in, carefully so not to touch the bulb. Flip on the lights, nothing. Pull the drivers one, one of the filaments wasn't connected to anything. The other one was though, so I flip on the brights because at this point O'Reilly's is closed. The other bright works, ok, at least I have something. Put the one I have out back in, it flicks on when the connector snaps and then nothing, you tap it, it flicks but no real light, whatever, I'll drive home with my one bright, I put it in, get back in the car, and apparently the bad connection in that light blew the fuse for the dash lights, no dash lights.

So, I start out with one burned out bulb, I ended up with no dim lights and only one bright and no dashlights.

O'Reilly's, they give you bunk headlights, they don't have Mobil 1 Gear Oil, they charge $1.60 more than Wal-Mart for a quart of Mobile 1 syntheric engine oil and they don't carry Purolator filters. What a freaking worthless place.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Ohhh... Brad... If you only knew the crap that I've gone through with that store on West O. They totally suck!!! The best guy there is Josh. I used to work with him. He is at least half way knowledgeable. I try to aviod O'Crapplies as much as possible. The one on Cornhusker is better though, if you have to go to one. Advanced Auto rules! Plenty of Mobil One gear oil, knowledgable people, and good products. LONG LIVE ADVANCED AUTO!!!!

Thomas

·
Registered
726 Posts
The only thing that place is good for is they have those little sticker things that you can put in the corner of your window that tells you when to change your oil. Thats all I get there. Otherwise, its autozone or advanced.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Normally I go to Advance, but I was going West on O so O'Reilly's seemed logical. Actually, the best guy there was Ben, too bad he quit.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
i hate those chain places. i either go to the Ford dealership or a florida chain called Bennet Auto Supply. if they dont have they will the next day.

joseph

1 - 5 of 5 Posts