TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 bird with the 4.6 and most everything on the car is original other than a few things ive replaced. Ive had the car for 5 years and it had 105000 on it when I bought it. It has about 150k on it now. The car runs great and ive replaced plugs and wires but never the coil packs. They look original to the car like a lot of other things I've replaced just didnt know if id gain anything replacing them.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I have a 94 bird with the 4.6 and most everything on the car is original other than a few things ive replaced. Ive had the car for 5 years and it had 105000 on it when I bought it. It has about 150k on it now. The car runs great and ive replaced plugs and wires but never the coil packs. They look original to the car like a lot of other things I've replaced just didnt know if id gain anything replacing them.
If car is running fine, leave em be. They last a good, long time.

·
Super Moderator
9,152 Posts
With the factory coils, no. They tend to be one of the more trouble-free parts of the car. Never had an issue with any of them on any of my cars, averaging well over 150k on each currently or when the car left my possession.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Agree leave them alone. 278k on my towncar and 175k on mt Bird with no problem.

·
Super Moderator
7,479 Posts
Not only have I never replaced them on any of my cars, I have actually never seen a single factory one that was bad, either on my own cars, or on customers' cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts