1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
TSTaCC President
885 Posts
Oh man. I actually got a tear for that one. Thats a major shame. I am really sorry to hear about your friend. I am glad he is ok though. Any details on the accident? How fast was he goin?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Im the bird crasher... I was goin about 40 around a curve (speed limit 45) and thanks to bald tires, it fishtailed out, i corrected, it un-corrected... and went head on into the ditch... i remember waking up upside down!.... broken nose, and a bunch of cuts.. other than that, im good... just hopin to get enough money to buy another good bird

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Good to hear you are ok for the most part. These cars seem to do well in roll crashes. I sometimes dont like the car when it fishtails so easily but its nice to know I am safe in our heavy car.
Best of luck fully healing and getting another car,
-Shawn

·
Registered
149 Posts
Sorry

Sorry about the luck:(

I always thought they were good fishtailers which I still think they are, fairly controllable, but the other day I was messing around and drove by my house slideways in front of my parents thinking I was MARIO andretti and 100 ft later I lost it, I put it in the ditch no real damage to car. Had to get it towed out. I think of it as a learning experience, First words out of my dads mouth "good job dumbass"

dont worry you'll get a better one sooner or later, do you have insurance?

P.S. my 88 5.0 T-bird with 70,000 was totalled while it was parked at my work by an 84 year old who said "i hit the brake and it went faster" :rolleyes:
but now I have a 94!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Man, if I had money I would buy those seats from you! I want a set of grey leather seats for my '95 so bad.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
tbirdfive0 said:
i have a friend who rolled his trans am when he was only going 20 MPH.... its actually a really funny story when he tells hit.
Get him to type it up!

That sucks to see a TBird like that. Hope he can snag him a 96. And for the guy who's dad said "good job dumbass", that would be my dad too. lol

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
my white 95 ....

will soon go to the scrap yard in the sky. I hit a concrete median after avoiding one idiot driver (ditched an exit at the last second, long story) and ended up bending the frame. :( :( :(

Here's my pictures
http://members.tccoa.com/fubar/DSCN1643.bmp
thats suppost to be driectly ahead...bent/snaped tie rod and god knows what else
http://members.tccoa.com/fubar/DSCN1644.bmp
impact rim, noticed how its cracked oh so nicely?
http://members.tccoa.com/fubar/DSCN1645.bmp
Concrete style paint remover

and there's a buldge near the drivers side wheel well also...and as you might have guessed wasn't apart of the hit.

I do plan on getting another bird.....no doubt. Lookin at a 97 black anniv. bird and I MIGHT have it as early as this weekend. Depends on the adjuster, he comes thursday.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Sorry to hear about those Bird's guys, but consider yourselves lucky.

As sad as it is to see your rolled green Bird, notice how intact the car is? The roof isn't crushed at all, and only one window is broke. I've seen other MN12's rolled, and they also held up OK.

What's insurance saying about this? Hopefully you can replace her with something nicer.

BTW - Cute GF :)!

·
Registered
34 Posts
sorry about your bird man. i saw it not long after it happened. me and megan were on lunch and i saw a belly-up bird in the ditch, then i saw youtalking on your cell phone. man, that freeked me out! well, im glad you're ok. i'll see you later.

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
94TbirdLXV8 said:
Yeah, I was surprised at how well it held up... but i wish our birds were AWD... that way this fishtailing crap could be avoided! :cool:
Yeah right. My 4wd truck just fishtailed trying to take a turn at 5mph.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts