TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FAIRFAX, Va. -- Sniper suspect and vegetarian John Lee Malvo says he's getting sick from eating prison food.

He says he's suffering from digestive disorders from a Virginia jail's meatless loaf, which he said is served to some inmates for disciplinary reasons.

For the past two weeks, the Fairfax County jail has been serving the 17-year-old Malvo something called "the loaf" -- a hodgepodge of flour, raisins, carrots, potatoes and other ingredients baked into brown cakes.

His court-appointed guardian said the teen has health problems as a result. He's asking the sheriff to give Malvo regular vegetarian meals in accordance with his Muslim beliefs.

Malvo started getting the loaf after complaining that that prison meat wasn't prepared the proper Muslim way.

Police have linked Malvo and John Allen Muhammad to 19 shootings -- including 13 deaths -- in the Washington, D.C., area and in several other states. Both are charged with capital murder.

A sheriff's spokesman denied that the loaf is considered a punishment. He said, "It's not that bad. It's actually palatable."

·
Registered
668 Posts
Hmmmm.

I say why is he moaning about the food. At least he is getting fed. I say let him starve if he don't like the food. My mom always told me she does not run a resturant. So what ever she cooked we had to eat. And on another note after killing or help killing (innocent til proven guilty) he should have no rights. I can understand if he was allgeric to something then you can cater to him but otherwise, Sorry we are not running a resturant.

·
Anything But Typical
1,337 Posts
Poor boy... I'm sorry, but I can't feel too sorry for someone who gets their kicks out of knocking off innocent people going about their lives. I know it's all "innocent until proven guilty", but I personally don't believe he's innocent. Health problems? Blah.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Awwww, the poor boy, he is lucky that he is still amoung living.

I think these and others should be given their trials and if they are found guilty of the crime. Sentence needs to be carried out immeadiately and publically.

Being fed, room and board. They are lucky they get that and a trial too. Other countries wouldn't waste the time.

Jim Long

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Muslim Faith...

If he is so concerned about his Muslim faith, then why don't we treat him according to his Muslim law....

He would have been beheaded already.

Problem solved... And in according with his beliefs so no one should complain. :D

·
Registered
610 Posts
Re: Muslim Faith...

94 Daily Driven 4.6L said:
If he is so concerned about his Muslim faith, then why don't we treat him according to his Muslim law....

He would have been beheaded already.

Problem solved... And in according with his beliefs so no one should complain. :D
There ya go...

Were is Cullman, AL in relation to Gadsden. My parents live near there.

Jim Long

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Between B'Ham and Hsv

Almost directly between Birmingham and Huntsville on I65.

Gadsden would be about an hour on US278. Straight shot about 50 miles, but lots of stop lights.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Re: Between B'Ham and Hsv

94 Daily Driven 4.6L said:
Almost directly between Birmingham and Huntsville on I65.

Gadsden would be about an hour on US278. Straight shot about 50 miles, but lots of stop lights.
Ah ok, not that far away. I hate stop lights. They always show up just when you set the car to warp speed...lol

Jim Long

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nah, he needs a nice bowl of STFU followed by a desert of lethal injection (if guilty).

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
INNOCENT until proven guilty

Look the one thing just about everyone here has missed is that he is innocent until proven guilty by a court of law.

Until he is proven guilty he should still be treated in a humane manner. Just think what happens if he is found to be innocent, he can go after the justice system for a huge amount of cash for mistreatment. Wait until he is guilty before you pass judgement.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: INNOCENT until proven guilty

TGJ said:
Look the one thing just about everyone here has missed is that he is innocent until proven guilty by a court of law.

Until he is proven guilty he should still be treated in a humane manner. Just think what happens if he is found to be innocent, he can go after the justice system for a huge amount of cash for mistreatment. Wait until he is guilty before you pass judgement.
That is true, we did let OJ off the hook after all.

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
OJ is a bad example

I know of a couple of cases in Canada where innocent people were found guilty of crimes they didn't commit. These people got huge amounts of cash because of it.

I am also aware of cases in the US were innocent people were found guilty of crimes they didn't commit. I am not sure of any cash settlements.

This is the reason why I said wait until a guilty verdict is passed. I am aware of the overwhelming evidence against him, but the fact remains he is as of right now still innocent.

When the guilty verdict is heard and I am sure that it will be. Then do all the nasty things you want to him. However before that point, you have to treat him like everybody else.

All I am saying is don't pass judgement on him until the guilty verdict is heard!

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Never heard of sueing the US for wrongful imprisonment. This is because of how our court system is structured. To get a new case in the US, they need new evidence, whether it be that the cops staged the incident, or DNA proof, the court system can't be at fault. The same cannot be said for the people who testified, who may be tried for contempt or obstructing justice.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
INNOCENT until proven guilty

ok then what in the hell is the justice system waiting for?

thats all id be serving him, that guy is lucky i wasnt the arresting officer, he would have been accidently shot and killed for resisting arrest, oops.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Trouble eating? That reminds me, there is a guy in suburban DC thats having a little trouble eating too. Of coarse thats because he had half of his large intestine removed after being shot while leaving a steak house with his wife. Of coarse thats not to mention the 13 others that will never be able to digest anything ever again. If he's that picky, let Allah provide his damn food.

Ted

1 - 18 of 18 Posts