TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For daily driving duties at least! Went up to Omaha over the weekend with my wife and we picked her up. It's a 2006 Mustang GT Auto, shaker 1000, leather, and has 17k on the ticker. Certified 100k warranty, steal of a price, and best of all replaces the Bird on the 25 mile one way drive to work daily. I'll let the pics do the talking!

Now before you guys go all anti Stang on me, listen up. The car IS amazing, but I got this with the intention to do a supercharged build on my Thunderbird, so I'm not going to the dark side by any means. The Bird has about 55k on it, no rust, very clean, and will be a great candidate for a build that I can keep around for a long long time. Right now I can't really decide between the two combo's I am considering, but my hope is to have everything figured out, and have the swap going forward sometime this fall/winter. Goal is at least 400rwhp/400rwtq... :D

-Joel

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
VERY nice Mustang - I want one just like it! Don't get me wrong - I love my '97 T-Bird (I had a brand-new '94 4.6 liter T-Bird way back when), but I've also owned 8 Mustangs in my life (the last was a 2000 GT) and would love to have another someday!

Dennis

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Meh, its nice I guess.

:rolleyes:

VERY nice Mustang - I want one just like it! Don't get me wrong - I love my '97 T-Bird (I had a brand-new '94 4.6 liter T-Bird way back when), but I've also owned 8 Mustangs in my life (the last was a 2000 GT) and would love to have another someday!

Dennis
Thank you sir! Nice words are appreciated.

-Joel

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
No manual?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Cool car, I think it is badass that you're using a 'new' Mustang as your DD while your 14 year old bird gets a shiny new blower. To most people that scenario defies logic, but not me, I get it. You are a true Thunderbird enthusiast!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Just so you know....

When we hit the track this wednesday...

It's goin down...

I'll let my new friend Rachel explain:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lRVsCJ7xt1w&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lRVsCJ7xt1w&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Just sayin...

·
TSTaCC President
885 Posts

It's goin down...

I'll let my new friend Rachel explain:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lRVsCJ7xt1w&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lRVsCJ7xt1w&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Just sayin...
What...in...the...H....lmao.

Good lookin stang on the original note. I really like the color.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
congrats. needs some stripes or something to break up all the white!

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
hey at least he got a 4.6 and not the v6...my budy just finished up his mustang he has a 95 he's done a lot of work to and he has his 03 stang which he just dumped 7200 into and is now 4.6 dohc and has an svo supercharger sitting on top forged internals new bearings all in all i would take his stang over the bird.

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
congrats. needs some stripes or something to break up all the white!
NEVAR! :)

No manual?
I drive 50 miles of city driving a day, with a ton of stop and go traffic. Didn't wanna be clutching the thing constantly.

Nice ride; hope you can keep it as nice as you've kept your bird!
Shouldn't be a problem, and thanks! :)

Cool car, I think it is badass that you're using a 'new' Mustang as your DD while your 14 year old bird gets a shiny new blower. To most people that scenario defies logic, but not me, I get it. You are a true Thunderbird enthusiast!
I've been dreaming of a build since I bought my first one in '01. I always hear my Dad say "I wish I had kept my first car." I did.

It's goin down...

Just sayin...
We'll see what your aimlessly wandering trans has to say about that!:eek:

I'll say it, its just another Musturd!
I know, you have a right to be upset. It must get very frustrating getting walked by them at the strip all the time in your hackjob IRS bird.:rolleyes:

-Joel

·
Registered
683 Posts
I like mustangs, but it just seems like EVERYONE around here has one...

regardless the 11.173 pounds per HP would be nice over the 12.99 pounds per HP in my Mark VIII, not to mention you probably have to make less repairs lol.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts