TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have to replace the outer valve body plate gasket (small plate on bottom of valve body) when putting it all back together, or can you reuse is assuming it's in good condition? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I asked the same question a while back....all I got was "why did you take the outer plate off?" :cool: I replaced it instead of re-using it...you really don't want to have to go back in just to replace a $12 gasket...do you?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought it had to come off, seeing as bolts go through it to hold the valve-body in.
I guess I'm just silly for removing all of them. :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you took it apart to the point that you're looking at the paper gasket you should probably replace the gasket. I did. :D Thankfully the Ford dealer that's only 5 minutes away from me had it in stock. I always try to start un-familiar projects earler in the day to account for those unexpected parts runs.

Marcus

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will do good sir, thanks for the offer. I'm still waiting on the stang VB from Dan. Then i'll figure out if that plate gets reused or not and if I even need to worry about this. I guess this is why I bought the service manual...

·
8,239 Posts
the torque wrench is your friend on those valve body bolts. There is also a torque sequence, but I didn't go that far, just torque spec.

JH

·
Registered
47 Posts
100in lbs is around 8ft lbs

And I bought the gasket.. Figure this.. if its coming out... and you have to release the pressure from the bolts on the gasket.. change it.

Who knows.. it might save ya a headache later on down the road.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
check my article in WIP for torque sequence info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts