TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does this stuff really make a difference?? my cougar has 104,407 miles, should i be usin this motor oil?? whats the difference between this and normal oil?

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
I used it for one cycle, but it just didn't seem to help out like they said. If you just keep the oil and filter changed regualrly, you shouldn't need it.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I have 160k on my 89, and I use regular 5w30 and 10w30 Pennzoil. I leak oil from the rear main seal, but the car is about a pint low after 3,000/4,000 miles, so I don't want to deal with it except I can't park in the driveway.

If you use a lot of oil, get smoke after the car is warm and you gun it, then maybe, it mainly helps with valve seals, maybe with gaskets and other seals too. I didn't replace the valve seals when I did the head gasket, and it doesn't smoke at all except after my wife babies it for 600 or 700 miles and I start driving it again, but that isn't oil.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have always use regular Castrol oil 5w30 (Winter & Spring) & 10W-30(Summer & Fall). My engine last all the way up to 262,000 miles (60% freeway & 40% city miles) with out any trouble.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good stuff.. just as i thought... i didnt think it was something that great. ill just stick to my normal stuff.... besides my g/f drives the car good.. not fast take off or anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts