TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put in a Trans-go kit a few thousand kms ago and removed the OD servo for the heck of it, then reinstalled it when i was at the valve-body(if it matters), now the car started to bounce off the rev limiter in 2nd, the rpms come back down and it shifts(worse when hot), also the OD is starting to slip bad, but when I dissengage the OD 2nd shifts fine, does it sound like the MLPS or the OD band, bad seal :confused:

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
No, it sounds like the trans-go kit fried your tranny. Have you checked the fluid? I'd bet it's starting to burn up, as the clutches are slowly going in yours. Mine will Neutral out in hard accel., and won't shift until I let off of it, but I still have OD.

I don't know what year your car is, but if it's a 94-95, the trans. is prob. shot.\

Just my thought...

Jay

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
doubt it, the kit doesnt really mess with the O/D part, its a 2000 4r70W, there would be hundreds of people running around with fried O/Ds in this case related to the kit and im sure they would have discontinued it realizing the Trans-go O/D slip mod isnt the way to go, I think the only part related to O/D was a general increase in pressure which all kits recommend, obviosuly the fluids probably burned, thats what happens when it slips :D

·
Registered
287 Posts
the second gear screwing up sounds right...manual second gear is run with the od band to....so what ever you did to the od band is whats happening to your second gear....i would change your fluid..and grab a tranny cooler and start saving for a new tranny....trust me...our trannies are junk...better to get this part out of the way...good luck

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Well, since it's an '00 trans., then I'd change the fluid in the trans and TC, add a cooler, change filter, refill w/ fresh Mercon V, and see what you get. Not sure on the trans-go kit, never had one, so the info I have is just from other posts that I have read. I didn't want to chance it, so I just stuck w/ the j-mod. someone w/ more experience in this area should be better to suggest something.

Hopefully there isn't too much damage already, otherwise you will be looking for another trans. probably.

Jay

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it has heavy duty coolers, i think it glazed pretty good, to make it worse my OD switch didnt work so I had to pull over and pop off the switch and jumper it with a staple and try to avoid stalling the car so the OD off didnt reset(has aftermarket cams). I replaced teh fluid not too long ago, I guess I can throw a few bucks at it and see if changing the o-rings on the servo help :( , stupid transmission :mad:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I removed the O/D servo and when i shoved a rod up to move the band till it engaged I measured that point, when I placed it by the servo rod it seems like the rod isnt long enough to fully engage the band, does that mean its worn out or broken, there was no band material in the pan :confused:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
No personal experience but as far as Trans-go, about 2 in 10 of the kits fail, I remember reading this over at CrownVic.net.(at least for AODs)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it started going "bad" when i decided not to fix the leak at the dipstick tube and used to slip like crazy till I decided to add fluid like 2 months later, if was fine for a while till I ran the crap out of it, im sure its all related somehow :D , I was thinking hey what the hell anything can be fixed, that dip-stick tube o-ring doesnt deserve any attention right now :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts