TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cylinder misfire :ztoohot: and my friend siad he had a 5.0 thunderbird that did the samething. When I back up it kind of wants to die out until I step on the gas. I have a 4.6 and he said that the spark plug on his car was cracked I didn't check mine when I changed them so I dont know if it was cracked. Im fixing to change the wires on it but they said that it might be the plug. but I wont get to it till tommorow I just want to fix it because even chevy 1500s beat me and that is not cool. If I get wires what kind should I get? should I get distributors also? please help me. I was also wondering I looked at the ss aoutochrome headers I bought some but now I am scared to put them on because some of you said they crack. Because I know if I Put them on it will be a PIA and I dont want to have to take them off. As for the overheat I forgot sorry my 4.6 goes over the half mark on the engine temp can it be related to the way the plugs and wires are my friend just said to put a new thermostat that runs cooler but I don't know. Thanks for the help

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
first of all, your car does not have distributors....it has an Electronid Distributorless Ignition System (EDIS).....if you don't already have Motorcraft plugs, go a head and get some....they're not that expensive

if you do have a bad spark plug wire, OEM Ford wires are adequate, or you can also go for the Ford Racing wires......although they won't do anything to increase performance or anything on a stock vehicle/ignition system

as for your overheating, definitely replace your thermostat with a new one.......a cooler thermostat won't do too much good, since the fans still come on at a preset temperature which is around 195*

personally i wouldn't put on those headers....sell them and get something worth while, IMO

1 - 2 of 2 Posts