TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I jsut replaced the hg's around 1k ago. it used to run around 160-185(On autometer gauge) well today on my way home(about 45 mins, 20 interstate) the car would get up to about 205-233(highest right when i got off the on ramp/had to stop) It has a 195* thermostat(failsafe)

How safe is it to drive the car? is this normal? We have had some below 40* temps and its now right around 55 so could be the "warmer" temps be causing this rise in temperature? There are no air pockets in the cooling system. I didnt replace the water pump, but could this be the problem its been fine since ive got the car. And the car isnt running bad so i dont think teh hg's are going out. If i let teh car idle...it will stay around 205*...so am i safely guessing its the waterpump since at a higher RPM its getting warmer?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked over it, it was fine...I put teflon tape on the sendor for the gauge...taht messed it up.(it read fine after i pulled off all the tape)

But...I decided to go up to clarksville tn(about an hour drive) and it threw a rod...so my dad had to come get me w/ a trailor and now...i have a 3800lb tbird paper weight....And no money for a new car or engine.

If i sold the car as is...any clue what kinda $$$ i could get for it? just rolled over 120K

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
187bird said:
If i sold the car as is...any clue what kinda $$$ i could get for it? just rolled over 120K
Probably about $500.

-Rod

1 - 4 of 4 Posts