TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92 Cougar 25th Anniversary with a 5.0L. The engine overheats after the car is driven for about 20 minutes. I have changed the thermostat, water pump, had the engine pressure tested, and the radiator flushed. The is no coolant leaking and I am not losing any coolant. I still do not know what is causing the engine to overheat. Any ideas.

·
TSTaCC President
885 Posts
Same thing!!!

I have the same thing happening to me! I replaced the upper rad hose, the lower rad hose(it burst as I was changing it). The thermostat, the water pump last year, and after all of this, the car runs hot as hell. Maybe its cause my tans is goin? Could that be heatring it up to that point? The engine bay gets reaaly hot after awhile and the console gets warm.

G

·
well my bird isn't running hot but I'm replacing the radiator with a cobra radiator... its going to be a pita though... the new one is bigger.

·
Registered
29 Posts
overheating

did you guys try a 180 t-stat, last year i had the same problem so i change the radiator to a modine and the t-stat to 180 and i haven't had a problem with it since

·
High Output Poster
1,491 Posts
Fan clutch

My car has been running hot all summer (only with the AC on). I replaced the thermostat, upgraded to a 2 row radiator designed for a Mark 7 with no luck. Finally, I went to Pep Boys and got a fan clutch (they are the only place that had it in stock). With the new fan clutch, I have yet to see my temp gauge to move past halfway. Theres my 2 cents....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts