TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent my wife to Autozone today to get oil and a filter for my '03 Windstar. I didn't know the filter model number, but I knew it was a Motorcraft and they had it there. I told her to get 5 quarts of Motorcraft 5W20 and ask at the counter for the filter number for a 2003 Windstar. The idiot behind the counter told her they would have to special order the filter and she had the wrong oil for the motor. I had her go back to where the filters are and check the book to cross reference the model and year with the Motorcraft part number, which, upon looking, was FL 400S. Whaddya know, they had a whole slew of them right there on the shelf next to the FL 820S that a lot of us use.

Dorks.:zapyth:

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As an addendum to this, I just returned from changing the oil on my van, which I had the dealer do the first three times. The oil filter was on so tight I had to use an oil filter wrench to get it to budge. What ever happened to 3/4 of a turn once the gasket makes contact like it says in the manual?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Another ford dealer special :
Impact wrench on the oil drain plug!

I really enjoy using a breaker bar just to drain the oil.

A dealer I go to has free oil change cards ( every other change is free). They are guilty of the drain plug overtorque as well, so my next change I am putting a post it note on my dash saying :

Use 10W30, no impact on the drain plug please!

·
Registered
671 Posts
so my next change I am putting a post it note on my dash saying :

Use 10W30, no impact on the drain plug please!:
Thats when they use loktite out of spite...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts