TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he guys, i brought in a 8.8" rearend to a local machine shop to install me new 3.73's. i called them up to check if it was going to be done on the 1st. i asked for the price and the quoted me 156.00 for parts and 325.00 for labor... i think this sounds a little bit fishy.. there is NO way it should cost that much right. what gets me is this same shop did my shop block install for 900.00(bore, freeze plugs, painted block and install of stroker kit and cam, timing gears and chain)
am i getting ripped off?????? i think so!!!!!!!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Mine was 250 labor and I brought the gears. He bought the bearings and seals and they were high. A friend of mine brought his Cougar in and brought him everything and it was 250 labor and that was it.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, so that sounds about the going price then! i was just shocked. the guy that built the rear end is a know circle track mechanic in this area and has a reputaton of good work and all so im confident that it will be a cherry rear end. well thanks guys, i didn't want to flip out over the price so i thought i'd ask you guys first..

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
i was charged 300 dollors labor and i bought the parts for 200 and i pulled the carrier and took it in so they could bench it.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
You can buy a whole new track-lok from teeps for around $750
You're gonna end up paying over $500 for GEAR install...who knows if they even knwo what they're doing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts